Any Chinese Speakers?

Kristy101081

Registered
Reaction score
I need a word or phrase or proverb that conveys sympathy and a message not to worry, things will be alright.

Also, I need an affectionate endearment that a man might say to a woman.

Thanks!

Last edited:

KansasWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a native speaker, but I studied Chinese for a long time and lived in Taiwan for many years. A daily phrase heard in China/Taiwan is mei guan xi. It means no problem, don't worry about it, it's OK...etc. It's a very common phrase -- I said it every day -- but I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for. If a student of mine (child) was crying let's say, I'd use that. Or if a friend was late, the car died, we ran out of garlic...

As far as the affectionate thing, could you say "I love you"? That would be wo ai ni.

This is all Mandarin.

KW

Kristy101081

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks so much. I like the 'no worries' phrase, that should fit in well! I don't want the male character saying that he loves her. It's obvious in his actions, but I'm just looking for a term of affection. I actually have a coworker at work who speaks a little Chinese and she gave me tian-xin, which is somewhat like sweetheart. That would work in this case.

Thanks for the phrases, though!