PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

regdog
08-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Pet peeve time. I am so sick and tired of these jackasses with their car stereos. They have these things turned up so loud I can hear them coming from blocks away and my house actually vibrates from the bass. I can only imagine what it must sound like inside the car. Their ears must be bleeding. :rant:

maxmordon
08-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I am tired of people who think they are better than other people because they are right or any other reason at all. Stop being such a damn poor winners!

Also Jehova's Witnessess that call you out on Sunday morning to go to church...

Clair Dickson
08-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I read something that bass notes are similar to a mother's heart beat. These are babies-- grown up babies that are letting the world know that they need the reasurance that mommy is nearby. ;-)

Judg
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM
When I lived on the corner of a busy street, I used to fantasize about having a gun that would only take out stereos. It was the ones at 2 in the morning that really got me.

Maryn
08-16-2008, 11:31 PM
I take some comfort knowing that all the people who play music at a level I find unacceptable will be at least partially deaf, and/or suffer unstoppable tinnitus, well before they're my age.

Maryn, not a nice person at all

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
I take some comfort knowing that all the people who play music at a level I find unacceptable will be at least partially deaf, and/or suffer unstoppable tinnitus, well before they're my age.

Maryn, not a nice person at all

Maryn, you took the words right outta my fingers.

OFG, who's not any nicer than Maryn

Snowstorm
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Rude ATVers is a pet peeve of mine. A few are polite and ride in front of my house and obey the speed limit...and keep going. The ones that make me explode are the majority who race in front of my house, be they adults or little kids with no helmets. And these are the losers who don't head out into the wilderness, they just go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth .... And those things are SO loud.

Fingers
08-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Snowstorm, are there any neighbors down the road from you? If not just throw some roofing nails out in the road. Flat tires will slow em down.

yer pal Brian

xiaotien
08-17-2008, 06:34 AM
people who throw gum anywhere other
than the trash.

obnoxious drivers.

people who have no cell phone etiquette--
do you really need to talk in the public
bathroom? gross.

jannawrites
08-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Drivers who don't use turn signals. And those who, when two lanes are merging into one, speed to the front of the line and congest those trying to follow the rules. *sigh*

Woodsie
08-17-2008, 06:54 AM
I loath when someone asks themselves a series of questions and answers them all in that stupid tone:

Did I punch her? No. Did I think about it? Sure. Have I tried? Damn straight....damn straight.

jannawrites
08-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Woodsie, this is totally off topic, but we need to get our avatars together. :D

Woodsie
08-17-2008, 06:59 AM
:) That's probably the exact face I would use if I were sitting across from that mess.

HeronW
08-17-2008, 06:42 PM
furkin' car alarms that go off when a nut falls from a tree or a dust mote lands on the car! And gee, I SO don't need to hear the furking bleeps every time you get into the car and get out of the car, at 3 am. Oh yes, and if the car gets pissed on by a dog, or a thunderstorm comes up, or a cat walks by and farts, the alarm goes off.

Any half-assed car thief can just kill the alarm and take the car. You want a keycode that allows you to unlock the steering wheel so no one can steal your car. If you cut those wires, the car still won't move.

I keep holding back the urge to drive a sword through their hood--but I don't want to ruin the sword :}

dianeP
08-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Pet peeve time. I am so sick and tired of these jackasses with their car stereos. They have these things turned up so loud I can hear them coming from blocks away and my house actually vibrates from the bass. I can only imagine what it must sound like inside the car. Their ears must be bleeding. :rant:

Wow, do you live down my street?
This tops the list of my summer pet peeves. Have you noticed that in winter the volume goes down? I guess there aren't enough people out to bother annoying...

I don't know how to get a second quote in my post, but, like Judg, I've also had the fantasy of getting a gun and shooting these jerks' cars.

Seaclusion
08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Between the quote button and the repy button (in the lower right corner of a post) Is the multiquote button.

Richard

xiaotien
08-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Between the quote button and the repy button (in the lower right corner of a post) Is the multiquote button.

Richard

i've never used it.

and i refuse, too.

i must be a peever. haha!

dianeP
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM

Richard

Oh, thanks!:)

Snowstorm
08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Snowstorm, are there any neighbors down the road from you? If not just throw some roofing nails out in the road. Flat tires will slow em down.

yer pal Brian

LOL, my pal Brian! Unfortunately, it's a county road in front of our house. Lots of traffic in the summer. One neighbor mentioned laying down fake speed bumps (two-dimension "photos" of speed bumps). My husband responded with, "Let's lay down ONE fake speed bump and install a REAL one after that!" My husband and the neighbor catty-corner from us talked about sitting there with a rope laying on the ground, then yell "Pull" when they came screaming by...and pull the rope. Ideas we've all kicked around that were more harmful than that too.

If we get a chance to stop them, we'll chew them out. They'll behave after that, but there are so many and most are here for a day or two. Plus I don't have enough ammunition. Alas.

Tink
08-17-2008, 08:01 PM
When someone refuses to take NO for an answer.

Seaclusion
08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Old wives tales are my pet peeve. The other day I overheard a woman tell another that to cure an earache she should shove a candle in the childs ear and light it!!!!!OMG, That poor child. What other medical wonders must these 'old wives' be inflicting on these poor children.

Richard

JoeEkaitis
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Her cart is overflowing with groceries, her checkbook is out, and she MUST challenge the price of EVERY ITEM THE CHECKER SCANS (and is wrong on all of 'em) . . . in the 15 ITEMS OR LESS; CASH OR DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS ONLY lane.

And you honestly believe the death penalty is never justified?

Seaclusion
08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Good one Joe. I can't stand it when the woman waits for every item to be scanned, waits for the clerk to total the purchase and tell her what the total is, and then proceeds to root through the gigantic purse for the next seven minutes looking for the checkbook. Didn't she know ten minutes ago while she was standing in line that she was going to need the checkbook? Couldn't she have looked for it and gotten it out then? Heaven forbid she should fill out the check while she is waiting on line.

Richard

Judg
08-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Old wives' tales are not always out to lunch. Chicken broth contains an enzyme that works as a decongestant, for example (or something like that). For earache, my husband uses olive oil warmed to body temperature.

But you're right, the candle in the ear does sound a little - off.

Seaclusion
08-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes, some of those old sayings have been shown to be of some benefit. It is the blind belief and following of those tales without any empirical evidence to show that it works let alone does no harm that bothers me.

Richard

Susie
08-17-2008, 09:27 PM
doctors who don't treat their patients with respect or kindness.
dentists who say they 'cater to cowards' and then don't.
parents who belittle their children for no reason at all.
TV listings that don't get the TV shows listed right.
TV shows that are supposed to be new but turn out to be reruns.

Seaclusion
08-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Interesting quiz on old wives tales:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/26011259/

Richard