I can't believe it!

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Carol, Iowa is a regular town -- EXCEPT -- it is the only known town, village, or city in the USA to not have a Starbucks coffee shop. Yes, it is true, there is no Starbucks Drive Thru, no inside-the-local-Wal-Mart Starbucks, and no Backseat-of-My-New-Limo Starbucks. Not one single Starbucks store is located in the town of Carol.
courtesy Uncyclopedia.com

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No Starbucks in the city I live in and I don't live in Carol Iowa

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How are housing prices? I might need to move there. Starbucks has this bitter undertaste to me, the only commercially made coffee I've ever poured out after one sip. Flavor doesn't matter, either. Vile stuff, just vile.

Maryn, who can cream and sugar other bad coffee to palatability

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, not here either. And the one in the next town over is brand new.

I'm hoping it closes soon.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
We don't have one in my whole county. They opened one in the city 20 min north of me but it's slated to close already.

In fact, my county has one stoplight, no Wal-Mart and the only fast food is McDonald's. :)

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
I was disappointed when I returned to my hometown for a visit to find two new Starbucks. It just seems like the type of business you experience when you move away, and that they shouldn't be able to infiltrate the place you grew up, in the time before you had ever even heard of Starbucks. But nope, there they are, in Palm Bay, FL.

Although my husband's hometown doesn't have one yet either. Nor do any of the tiny towns around it.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if Starbucks is down 30% because they don't have one in Carroll or if it's because I bought a few shares.

Just thought of something. I should start a newsletter telling my paying subscribers which stock I plan to buy so they know when to sell. I'd only buy one share, but the stock will still go down, but we'd all make money.