• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

A Mentor Would Be Much Appriciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlovesxcasualtyx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xanga.com
Hello everyone. I write more then I do anything else, and my poems and stories basically just lie around my room all day gathering dust. I can't share them with friends or family, they are far too deep for anyone who knows me to read. So I need a mentor to just read my stuff, harshly critique them, just basically help me get better so that eventually, I can publish them. Message me or contact me through AIM. My AIM screen name is: brandnewpeanuts. Thank you.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Love,

You've mentioned poetry and short stories. What kind of genres are you writing in? We might be able to fit you a more proper mentor that way.

Best of luck,
Katie

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Publishing

xlovesxcasualtyx said:
Hello everyone. I write more then I do anything else, and my poems and stories basically just lie around my room all day gathering dust. I can't share them with friends or family, they are far too deep for anyone who knows me to read. So I need a mentor to just read my stuff, harshly critique them, just basically help me get better so that eventually, I can publish them. Message me or contact me through AIM. My AIM screen name is: brandnewpeanuts. Thank you.

The best way to get published is to submit what you write, and to keep submitting it over and over and over. This is how you learn, and it will be real editors who give you the best feedback you'll ever receive.

Even a mentor can't help stories that are lying around gathering dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.