PDA

View Full Version : Kyle's Bucket Story

Stew21
08-16-2008, 03:26 AM
My son's story. He's 5. He told the story and the teacher wrote it down.
I'm so proud. We make up stories at bedtime all the time. I really like this one. (who knew there was so much going on inside a bucket?)

"One day, I was looking in my bucket and I saw a dragon. The dragon was going up a hill. He went into a lake so he could eat sharks for breakfast. Then, he went up another hill and met another dragon. THey both saw a house and they fired it. Don't worry, there were no people inside. After the whole house was burned they decided to go flying. The flew right out of the bucket and they fired all around. It was so cool!"

Seaclusion
08-16-2008, 03:31 AM
I think you can get him a job as our next president's speechwriter. He has a great imagination.

Richard

DL Hegel
08-16-2008, 03:32 AM
My son's story. He's 5. He told the story and the teacher wrote it down.
I'm so proud. (we make up stories at bedtime all the time. I really like this one. (who knew there was so much going on inside a bucket?)

"One day, I was looking in my bucket and I saw a dragon. The dragon was going up a hill. He went into a lake so he could eat sharks for breakfast. Then, he went up another hill and met another dragon. THey both saw a house and they fired it. Don't worry, there were no people inside. After the whole house was burned the decided to go flying. The flew right out of the bucket and they fired all around. It was so cool!"
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree:) Kyle must get his creativity from a certain special lady writer in his life--For Kyle:snoopy:

DL

TheIT
08-16-2008, 03:32 AM
That's really fun. I like the sharks. :D

Stew21
08-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Truly, we have so many stories that we've made up the kids and I agreed I would write them all down and we'd make our very own bedtime story book.
We have lots of stories where they walk into magic woods and meet dragons and wizards, have a quest, etc. My other son (he's three) tells stories about motorcycle races.
So they said they wanted me to do a book of our stories. I'm going to type them up and they can draw a picture for each of them.

Beach Bunny
08-16-2008, 03:54 AM
That's a cute story. What a great imagination! :)

Silver King
08-16-2008, 04:44 AM
I love that tale. So much happens in such a small amount of space. He's a natural storyteller.

So when is your boy going to join AW? I noticed he could use a few tips in the area of show versus tell. ;)

Stew21
08-16-2008, 05:28 AM
once he learns to actually spell, I'll be sure to send him to AW. He starts kindegarten on Tuesday.
Of course I'll have to deny him access to some of the forums. Are there parental controls on this place, or what?

I tried to grasp the idea of hills in the bucket at first, and thought "fired the house" was funny. Fired? Oh. Breathed fire... ;) At least he made sure no people got hurt.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-16-2008, 05:59 AM
I love dragons! And I think 'Kyle's Bucket' is a good name for a story, too.

Matera the Mad
08-16-2008, 06:08 AM
May he always have a full bucket :D

Beach Bunny
08-16-2008, 08:00 AM
I tried to grasp the idea of hills in the bucket at first,

See, I had no trouble with this. If there is a dragon in the bucket, then of course there will be hills and lakes with sharks in them. :popcorn: Good stuff. :Thumbs:

Southern_girl29
08-16-2008, 09:03 AM
I think this is great. I love to hear about kids with imaginations. Kyle must be the same age as my Tessa because she started kindergarten today. She often tells me stories but most of hers has to do with princesses who turn into fairies.

Unique
08-16-2008, 01:11 PM
and thought "fired the house" was funny. Fired? Oh. Breathed fire... ;) At least he made sure no people got hurt.

That was my favorite part. :D

And I might have said, 'fired the house'. What does that say about my writing skills? ;)

sheadakota
08-16-2008, 01:22 PM
fired the house was my favorite part too! my daughter (who's 10) has several journals full of stories she's written and illistrated.

nerds
08-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I got "fired the house" instantly, the whole thing is crystal-clear imagery. I was right in that bucket with the story. Excellent! Loved this.

Stew21
08-16-2008, 03:09 PM
I love dragons! And I think 'Kyle's Bucket' is a good name for a story, too.

If you love dragons, then you will love that they have a whole bunch of them for use in our stories.

Jack usually rides on (races on) Moss - he's green.
Kyle prefers to ride on Mac - he's red.
We have a white one named Snowflake
A yellow one named Sunflower
A silver one named - Eldira
A black one (who's very old and mean) Tartino
And randomly rename and recolor various others.

The boys usually go into the magic woods, where they meet their dragons - sometimes just for dragon races (which always include mountains and lakes). Sometimes there is a quest. Last time, a wizard came to them and said that the dragons were trapped on top of the mountain by trolls, and the boys were the only ones who could help. They had to return a dragon egg to the mountain, fight the bad guys and free the dragons.
Then they got to ride Mac and Moss back down and had a big party at the castle before going back through the woods, to the cave. The other side of the cave is home.

We really need to write them all down. maybe the whole collection of them take place in a bucket!

Oberon
08-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Do it. I think you have the makings of a Caldecott winner,or whatever that award is. Kyle's Bucket of stories.

Stew21
08-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Kyle's Bucket o'Stories. :) that makes me smile.

It also makes me want to ask... "What's in Your Bucket?"

KTC
08-17-2008, 03:49 AM
Loved the story...that boy can tell some good ones. Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted, Trishka.