Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
I want a new one and I have been looking today via the net but haven't had any success finding one that I was able to download to this forum. Does anyone have or know of an address where I can find one that I will be able to download to The AW?

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
You'll have to reduce the size of your image to 150 x 150 pixels or less. If you search Google images, then you can right click and copy the image. Then you can paste the image into an image editor and resize it to something smaller (that you probably won't be able to find from a Google search).

I use jpeg or gif files.

Good luck! :D

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
go to Google Images and type in whatever you're interested in. Find an image you like, click on it, then copy/paste the url into the window in your Edit Avatar function of your UserCP. If they're too huge the system won't accept them but anything around 300 x 400, I think it is, and under, will go automatically to the 150 x 150 requirement just fine.

:)

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I like this site: AVATARS

over 100 pages to choose from. I've gotten many from this site and they usually work here...unless they are motion avatars.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I like this site: AVATARS

over 100 pages to choose from. I've gotten many from this site and they usually work here...unless they are motion avatars.
That's a great site, Kevin. Thanks for sharing.

We'll leave this thread here until it starts to slip out of sight, then move it to Tech Help so others who want to share tips or need help with their avatars can also join in.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Just bear in mind that an image's being on the web does not necessarily put it in the public domain. At the very least, if you find something on some random site, don't hotlink it from there even if it is the right size. That is bandwidth theft, adding real injury to the insult of grabbing without a thankyou.

Besides, it could change without warning, and to something worse than a pink kitty. I know, I did it to some dork once. :D

So if you're gonna steal, steal safely, steal gently. Save it and upload it. Or play it really safe and use a willing avatar provider, such as linked above.

I just cook up my own, with a little help from free software.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Here you go, Tink. I saved this one just for you. :)

baby.jpg

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Besides, it could change without warning, and to something worse than a pink kitty. I know, I did it to some dork once. :D

Love it! So what did you change it to?