Serengeti of the North

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
My husband just put together our video clips from the Alaska Highway through Northern British Columbia - absolutely incredible, if I may say so myself! I think I've watched it fifteen times so far - it was so magical pedaling alongside all the wild buffalo, bighorn sheep, and caribou!! What a neat place!

Anyway, you can watch it here, if you want.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
wow, nancy, too cool. amazing endeavor you are on. be always well out there.

Thanks for the link. I've spent time in B.C. The majesty of it overwhelms the heart.

:)

nancy sv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
**struts around proudly**

better tidy up for the next round of visitors

If you come back through the Okanagan, lemme know. The door's always open and the tea pot is always on.

You should be proud!! The thing I'm amazed about is that I never, ever knew anything like this still existed here on my own home continent!! When I thought of BC, I NEVER thought wild buffalo and sheep in the middle of the road!!

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Nancy, I am just so impressed by what you and your family are doing. Godspeed, and thank you for letting us share in this trip, it's wonderful.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
You should be proud!! The thing I'm amazed about is that I never, ever knew anything like this still existed here on my own home continent!! When I thought of BC, I NEVER thought wild buffalo and sheep in the middle of the road!!

Our province has a desert, temperate rain forest, tundra, mountains, coastal rain forests... we just about have it all here. We watched the video and were laughing -- everyone is going to think we have no cars on our roads!!

As you go, you will probably see more deer, moose (my favorite!), bears (we have Grizzley, Black and Spirit bears -- the only place in the world with Spirit Bears)... if you go towards the mountains at all, you will see elk and mountain goats along the road... marmots, beavers, porcupine, coyotes, cougars, wolves... And watch the birds -- we have an incredibly number of species here.

Stay safe, have fun and keep us posted. You guys are amazing and inspiring!

nancy sv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
We've seen a lot of moose and bear, but didn't get videos of them. And then there are all the beavers playing under the bridges... BC really is an amazing place - wish I had known about it before!!

We're off in a few minutes - off to Grand Prairie!!

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
-- everyone is going to think we have no cars on our roads!!

well . . . you don't, actually. Not in B.C. :tongue Moose outnumber cars by at least a zillion to one, it's a wonderful thing. :)

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Mooses RAWK!!!

Yes they do. Also, Rawk is their official language. Just in case they haven't been internationally recognized yet. You barrel down on them on the TransCanada and they stand there and say RAWK, and they're right. Rawk is right.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Again, thank you for sharing this time with you and your family. (Wipes a tear from my eye.)

Stay safe and keep bringing us the news of your adventures. Love to you all......