The pain

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Why, why, WHY does smashing your toe have to hurt so much? I did natural childbirth without much squawking and here I am, reeling in nausea, washed in waves of chills and fatigue - damned near swooning, because I knocked my toes into the newel post, avoiding a tent my evil child has erected there.

I'm going back to BED!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
yea, sorry perks, i too am having trouble drumming up any sort of emotion here in regard to your toe. other than :roll:

*ahem*

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
You people are mean. I'm still red in the face and all my joints feel like they're full of pudding.

And my toe feels like it's glowing.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
You have my sympathies...and why we are discussing pain- Why is it that people call their elbows 'the funny bone' when they hit it? There is absolutely nothing funny about it at all...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Why do I have an inkling that anyone else present at the time would testify that you're a liar?
You'd be quite wrong. I didn't have any problems at all. I didn't cry or wail or scream or gnash or bitch. In fact, it was more like this Biblical intensity instead of pain.

I can't complain to my husband this morning, because, hand to god, this is the conversation we had after the spawn was manifest:

"So, you think now that you did that without yelling and cursing, you could manage to stop crying every time you stub your toe."

"No. That's not the same thing. At all."

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I didnt' do anything. It started out as an itch on my eyelid and ballooned up until I could hardly see out of it. I went to see a doctor and he starts going on about shingles and shows me these pictures of horribly mutated faces throwing me into a complete panic that I'm going to die. Then he examines me and goes, "Oh, it's nothing but an infection. It's what we call a sty. Here's some antibiotics."

Gee, thanks. A-hole.

(and when I first read your post I thought you said, "That hilarious.") :)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm so glad you didn't say anything unpleasant, Robeieieieieo. I'm rather in love with you these days, in the daydream of that avatar.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mysterious

In the darkness, not one day past
blunt end to me, serendipitous cast
an oak did lie full grooved and etched
impacted sinew thusly stretched
a trestle, hissed in cadence force
the act without, but delayed remorse

Or, put in non-Gongorian roe
I just stubbed my fu**ing toe

NOTE: Gongorism is considered a deliberately ornamental, meaningless and obscure style. It is reported to originate from the works of the Spanish poet Luis de Gongora y Argote (1561-1627), however, the exaggerations of his imitators (evidently) contributed more to the hits on his reputation than did his own work.