Scary recording of a partial exorcism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivonia

Zodiac Fleet Commander
Registered
Reaction score
In case you need "inspiration" for your horror stories, here's a link for a partial recording of an exorcism in Russia (finding this site after watching Exorcist with a friend and being somewhat intrigued by it). However, before I post the link, I should probably give you a warning now.

THIS RECORDING IS PRETTY SCARY. DO NOT OPEN/VISIT PAGE IF YOU'RE EASILY SPOOKED.

I'll be honest, I checked this site at night, and was pretty spooked. If you insist on checking it out, and aren't the really skeptical type, then I suggest listening to it with skeptical friends, and do it during the day. I'm posting this because I thought peeps here might be able to use it to help inspire them (if it doesn't scare you too much) in writing scarier stuff. But again, if you're faint of heart and are easily scared, I would highly advise against listening to it. And take it for what you will.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/demonsandexorcism/a/aa031405.htm

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
OKay, I'm not that easily freaked out by this kind of stuff, because most of the time, it's pretty unimpressive. But I'll admit, I was looking back over my shoulder every now and again when I listened to it.

If it wasn't authentic, it was well done on the creep-factor scale. The religious chanting in the background, the deep, malevolent-sounding voice from what was supposed to be a little girl, and that scream at the end all made for a very disturbing recording. And the fact that the recording "seemed" ameturish (ie, not a professional at sound FX, tinny in places, the sound of something hitting the mic, etc) just added to it, IMO.

If it -was- authentic.....

I'd just as soon not ponder that at 3:40 in the morning, TYVM.

But thanks for the link.

I think I'll go play something a little less creepy, now. Like Alice Cooper, or something like that.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Posting that link was like yelling "CAR WRECK" in a room full of lawyers. Thanks for posting it.

I listened to it a couple of times and still can't make up mind. I can only say, makes ya' wonder, uh?

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
LiamJackson said:
Posting that link was like yelling "CAR WRECK" in a room full of lawyers.

Okay, I -have- to save that comment for posterity! :ROFL:

btw...just for grins and giggles...anyone ever google EVP, and listen to some of the recordings some of those sites have? Pretty freaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.