HELP! I can't vote!

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I can put the subject line in and the recipient (Melina), but I can't put anything in the body of the PM, therefore I can't vote!

Help! Pleeeease!

WVWG

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
All you need to do is type your choice in the subject line (that's what Jenna says to do) and click send (if it will let you send a message with the body of the PM blank).

Try that, and see if it works.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
It won't let me send it with a blank message. Tried it, but thanks for the thought, Poppy!

WVWG

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I just tried it too. I tried to send a blank message to Jenna, but it wouldn't let me.

What's it doing exactly? I have noticed that it takes a moment or two for the message field to appear and let me type anything into it. Maybe there's a problem with the board or your browser or something. Give us some more details and maybe we can help. :)

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and don't worry, even if your PM system doesn't work, I'm sure we'll figure something else out so that your vote can be counted. :)

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Details-

Well, I click on either a link to Melina's PM or start a new PM by clicking the "send a new message" link in my Private Messages. I wait until my browser window has "done" in it before doing anything at all (just to make sure that something I'm doing isn't screwing up the whole loading process). When "done" finally comes up, I've got the recipient field, the subject field and the message field. The problem is, when I click on the message field to get a cursor, it's almost like the whole field is selected, and it doesn't give me a cursor. I can't right-click and try edit - it's not an option on my pop-up menu. Also, I've noticed that I can't select any of the formatting buttons or select text size or text style (there aren't any choices listed in those fields, and the menus don't drop down).

I thought maybe I had too many PM messages, but I've only got 7 (out of the 25 we're allowed) so that's not it. Argh. Leave it to me.

WVWG

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Your PM must have broken the evil curse put on me. I sent my vote!

Yay for Poppy and her wonderous PM sending skills!

WVWG

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...not sure what the problem is there. Maybe someone else will know.

I did PM you a few minutes ago to see if you get it or not. And to see if you can reply.

It's probably some little something, it always is, isn't it? LOL

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
When I voted I had the same problem. It wouldn't let me send a message without putting something in the body, so I repeated my vote there and it went.

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
WVWriterGirl said:
Yay! Your PM must have broken the evil curse put on me. I sent my vote!

Yay for Poppy and her wonderous PM sending skills!

WVWG

Yaaayyyyy! :Clap: