Think Good Thoughts, Please

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I need everyone to send good thoughts toward Florida over the next couple of days - or possibly longer...

My husband's best friend is a guy named Marc. They've been friends since the beginning of time. Well, Marc called us this morning to tell us his sister's husband is in the hospital. Chris has had a stroke. He's 39 years old.

Turns out it was because of a defect in his brain that he's probably had since birth. His brain has swelled so badly (according to Marc) that the doctors have actually removed part of his skull. He's been in a medically induced coma for several days and his doctors do not know how much of a recovery he will make, or if he will even recover at all. It's day to day now.

His wife's a mess (understandably), and they have three boys - 11, 8, and a little over a year old.

So, if everyone could just send a happy vibe toward Florida... and keep Chris in your prayers, 'kay? He's really a nice guy and this just absolutely sucks for all of us right now...

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Done. Very sorry for the kids, too, what a tough thing.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Jerz, sure sorry about this. Since I'm in Florida too, prayers will go directly to Chris and pray that he will recover and prayers sent to you and his family. :Hug2:

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
**UPDATE**

Chris has been upgraded to stable. He's responding to commands and the swelling in his brain has gone down.

The doctors are optimistic that he's going to pull through, but since the defect was near the vision/speech centers, there's a good chance he's lost his peripheral vision and his night vision, and that he'll be declared legally blind.

However, he is still in a coma - every time they've tried to bring him out, his blood pressure shoots up. They're going to try again today, so keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks, everyone - for all the good wishes and good vibes - It seems to have worked and for that, Marc says thank you to everyone here. And I'm giving you all a huge :Hug2:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
**UPDATE**

Chris has been upgraded to stable. He's responding to commands and the swelling in his brain has gone down.

The doctors are optimistic that he's going to pull through, but since the defect was near the vision/speech centers, there's a good chance he's lost his peripheral vision and his night vision, and that he'll be declared legally blind.

However, he is still in a coma - every time they've tried to bring him out, his blood pressure shoots up. They're going to try again today, so keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks, everyone - for all the good wishes and good vibes - It seems to have worked and for that, Marc says thank you to everyone here. And I'm giving you all a huge :Hug2:
I just now read this thread, so it can't have been anything I've done! But I'm on board now and hoping he continues to get better.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Still sending direct prayers and good vibes to Marc and you all and hope pray that he comes out of his coma. That would be wonderful. :Hug2:'s

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a long way from Florida, but my thoughts are strong enough to make that Atlantic crossing. Hang in there, Jesey Chick, it's great that they have friends like you and your husband.

Love, Meg