PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when...

Susie
04-23-2005, 02:38 AM
A rejection comes in the publication's envelope and not your own SASE, which is bad too.:( Just wondered how y'all felt.

Warm regards, Susie

Poppy
04-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah, why the heck did we (me and the company) both just "waste" 37 cents? That's what my SASE was for. Did they throw my SASE away or what? :Shrug: If they insist on using their own envelope and postage, the least they could do is send my SASE back so I can use it for another submission.

I don't know if I hate it, but I sure as heck don't understand it. Can anybody enlighten us? :)

brinkett
04-23-2005, 02:53 AM
Maybe the SASE was damaged in some way. :confused:

So far it's always been my own SASE. I hate it more when you get no reply at all.

Poppy
04-23-2005, 02:56 AM
Yeah, maybe it does get damaged or lost. That would explain it.

It's only happened to me a couple of times, and even though I know there might be a legitimate reason, my first reaction is often, "Hey, what happened to my SASE?"

arrowqueen
04-23-2005, 03:27 AM
That doesn't worry me. What I find really annoying is when one of my editors is 'kind' and stuffs two batches of rejections and one of my sae's in one envelope, under the impression they're doing me a favour - but landing me with a fine from the Post Office for not having enough postage.

It's bad enough getting rejections, let alone having to trudge down to the PO and pay for the privilege of getting them back!

Susie
04-23-2005, 04:13 AM
Thanks all for your helpful replies, as always. Hope you only get acceptances!

Hugs, Susie:)

Jamesaritchie
04-23-2005, 05:07 AM
A rejection comes in the publication's envelope and not your own SASE, which is bad too.:( Just wondered how y'all felt.

Warm regards, Susie

I would hate that beyond anything. I haven't had it happen in thirty years of submissions, but I'd definitely hate it.

Cabria
04-23-2005, 05:42 PM
The thing I find hard is estimating how much to put on the legal sized envelopes when mailing SASE(s) - think I always put too many on just to be on the safe side. I also have to get a relative of my husband's who lives in Michigan to purchase the stamps and mail them to me. Somtimes when I know someone is visiting the U.S. I'll get them to purchase some stamps for me (or when I'm there myself on times -vacationing). And now I'm starting to run out again - (nice thing is though, don't have to do that with BMA - whew!! been with them long enough I guess that it's an honour system kind of thing). It's great to deal with the companies that correspond by email though- that works much better as far as stamps go.

Debbie ;)

eldragon
04-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't even notice. I usually can't remember sending anything out in the first place. Since my hopes are on one or two agents at a time, if I get some rogue rejection, I say "Whew...at least its not______."

soloset
04-27-2005, 07:20 AM
2. They've heard stories about you from other publications and are keeping the stamp in case they need a DNA match.

This frightens me. :D

Torgo
04-28-2005, 11:39 PM
They probably lost your envelope.

Ralyks
04-29-2005, 03:48 AM
That doesn't worry me. What I find really annoying is when one of my editors is 'kind' and stuffs two batches of rejections and one of my sae's in one envelope, under the impression they're doing me a favour - but landing me with a fine from the Post Office for not having enough postage.

It's bad enough getting rejections, let alone having to trudge down to the PO and pay for the privilege of getting them back!

I once received a SUBMISSION from an author for my magazine with postage due! That was annoying. In the U.S., though, there is no fine, just the postage, and they just put it in the mailbox stamped postage due, so you don't have to go pick it up...actually, I've never quite figured out how you are supposed to pay the postage due, and what if you don't want to?

priceless1
04-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Warm regards, Susie
Um, the only time I did that is when I spilled my Coke on the envelope while reaching for the phone. What a klutz. Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy to use the author's envelope.

KTC
04-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Ooh Cathi...those are some pretty good reasons not to use the SASEs we send. I'm going to believe #5 from now on if it ever happens to me again!