PDA

View Full Version : AW insider jokes

Beach Bunny
08-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Having browsed around for a few days, I've noticed that there are several inside site jokes. Being new, I don't know what they are all about. And I have this thing about not wanting to blunder around and say something stupid. So, would anyone be willing to enlighten me about:
Orlando Bloom
Eggplants
Gophers
Anything else that I haven't come across yet.

:D

maxmordon
08-10-2008, 03:02 AM
But is far more fun discovering that by yourself ;)

wyntermoon
08-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

To help our lovely newbies, we've set aside a forum (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177) to answer the oddest questions. Have fun!

benbradley
08-10-2008, 03:17 AM
Google works for Orlando Bloom, at least the orignal pre-AW-inside-joke Orlando Bloom. Not sure about Eggplant, but both of these are "required entries" in any poll, for reasons that started up before I got here.

Dunno anything about Gophers, and I've been here a while. Have a thread in mind that maybe I'm missing?

"Dawno has big sparkly ears" because she once had an avatar with that very feature...

Duh, there's probably lots of stuff in "AW culture" - there's an AW History forum around here somewhere that might have some of this stuff in it. Oh yeah, that's another thing, sometimes some people's avatars somehow magically change...

Oh and there's Phentermine.... well, sometimes spammers register just to post some ads and junk - the mods usually just delete those, but sometimes people respond before the mods get to the posts, and, well, this happened (you don't have to read the whole thread!):

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97002

And mention of Phentermine quickly spilled over into other threads, and now it's part of AW lore. That's kind of how things happen around here.

Jersey Chick
08-10-2008, 03:23 AM
Not Phentermine, Ben. PHENTERMINE! You needs to shout it, man!

Nope - dunno why it's all gotta be caps - unless that's how the spam came in. I arrived at about the same time... :D

Haggis
08-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Having browsed around for a few days, I've noticed that there are several inside site jokes. Being new, I don't know what they are all about. And I have this thing about not wanting to blunder around and say something stupid. So, would anyone be willing to enlighten me about:
Orlando Bloom
Eggplants
Gophers

None of that is relevant, Bunny. The important thing is respect for Chihuahuas. I think everyone can agree on that one.

Cathy C
08-10-2008, 03:27 AM
So, would anyone be willing to enlighten me about:
Orlando Bloom

It was a LoTR thing. Everyone was enamored, so every *#@# time someone would post a poll, Orlando Bloom would be one of the answers. It's tradition now to include it as an option in every poll. Quite often it'll be added by a moderator if the original poster forgets. ;)

Eggplants

One of the Mods hated eggplants with a passion, and for April Fools one year, we forcibly changed his/her avatar to a sparkling eggplant. Drove him/her NUTS! but I can't remember for the life of me who it was. It's become another tradition. You'll find we're sort of weird that way. :ROFL:

Gophers

Ahh...there's a classic! The owner of this site is MacAllister Stone. If you look at her avatar, and have any interest in history, you'll realize it's a spoof of a very nice petroglyph. Speculation ran wild for some time as to WHAT it was. The two favorite options were Wile E. Coyote after a bad Acme day (which is now what it looks like) and a squashed gopher. Hence, gopher jokes. :)

Feel free to ask. If we decide you're worthy, we'll bless you with the answers... ;)

Beach Bunny
08-10-2008, 03:29 AM
Doh! It's going to take me a month just to read through the AW History thread.

Dunno anything about Gophers, and I've been here a while. Have a thread in mind that maybe I'm missing?

There's a sticky thread in the FAQ for making Gopher (or any other road-kill) stew. ;)

Thanks for the phetermine (sp?) link.

CACTUSWENDY
08-10-2008, 03:31 AM
And I give out the popcorn.

How do you like yours?

Beach Bunny
08-10-2008, 03:33 AM
None of that is relevant, Bunny. The important thing is respect for Chihuahuas. I think everyone can agree on that one.

That was one of the FIRST things I figured out. :tongue

Beach Bunny
08-10-2008, 03:36 AM
And I give out the popcorn.

How do you like yours?

Lots of butter, none of that air-popped stuff. Do they even make air poppers anymore?

Jersey Chick
08-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Another is that I'm the one to come to if you need a lighter for setting your hair on fire (though this occurs mostly in the PublishAmerica threads :D)

Jersey Chick
08-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Lots of butter, none of that air-popped stuff. Do they even make air poppers anymore?
We were JUST talking about the "old-fashioned" popcorn yesterday... They do still make Jiffy-Pop (at least, they do here ;))

stormie
08-10-2008, 03:38 AM
<Sigh> You can't ask me. I'm late to everything here. Sometimes I respond to a post that's a year old and is considered dead and buried.

But I stay calm. :D

Anyway, the people here are nice. And they pass out popcorn!

Bubastes
08-10-2008, 03:39 AM
LOLcats. We have a thing for LOLcats here.

Cranky
08-10-2008, 03:41 AM
LOLcats. We have a thing for LOLcats here.

A very important point, MG.

Also, don't mention sausage to me. Evah. *shudders*

Jersey Chick
08-10-2008, 04:06 AM
**sneaks up on the Cheese**

**taps shoulder**

SAUSAGE!!!

**runs away giggling like a loon...

Matera the Mad
08-10-2008, 05:10 AM
Two important things: read dates on posts, and Respect Chihuahuas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/matera/ihaznorespek.jpg

C.bronco
08-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Gophers are often served squashed. They are more tender that way. Further, if you incite the wrath of a mod, your avatar may be turned into an aberration of Hello Kitty *shudders at the memory*.

sassandgroove
08-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Orlando Bloom
Eggplants
Gophers

Welcome!

Honey, i have 4000 posts and have been here since 2005 (actually 2004, but we moved from another board in Feb 2005) and I don't get the Orlando Bloom or Eggplant thing. I asked once and was told, "YOu had to be there." :Hug2: The gopher thing, Jenna Glatzer founded AW and when she decided she needed to move on she passed the torch to Macallister Stone. She had a coyote for an avatar but someone thought it was a gopher (?!?!) and a bunch of people joined the gopher fan club to celebrate her. I am sure I am missing a few details but I think that is the gist of it.

DOn't worry about it. No one will think you are stupid. Just jump in. We won't bite!! (mostly.)

Unique
08-10-2008, 02:58 PM
ah... Orlando!

It was a LoTR thing. Everyone was enamored, so every *#@# time someone would post a poll, Orlando Bloom would be one of the answers. It's tradition now to include it as an option in every poll. Quite often it'll be added by a moderator if the original poster forgets. ;)

Don't forget Pirates! All three of them! (I always preferred Johnny - but that's another thread - with pix!) ;)

Gophers are often served squashed. They are more tender that way. Further, if you incite the wrath of a mod, your avatar may be turned into an aberration of Hello Kitty *shudders at the memory*.

>''< Yes! But the same people who bring you LOLcat love never saw 'Hello, Kitty!' as a threat. Bwahahahaha....!

Don't forget secret messages! There are two kinds. One kind is in rep points - although that wasn't its original intent.
And these kind: the ones that you want people to see but don't.

Haskins started that, IIRC, and some of us thought it was cool and glommed onto it.

Oh, yeah, that reminds me. Mr. Haskins could have his own entry but you kind of have to figure him out (or not) on your own. There really isn't a description; he just IS. ;)

tjwriter
08-10-2008, 04:18 PM

There is also the raging debate about whether Mr. Bloom is smoking hot or just looks like a girl. It's usually quite entertaining.

One of the Mods hated eggplants with a passion, and for April Fools one year, we forcibly changed his/her avatar to a sparkling eggplant. Drove him/her NUTS! but I can't remember for the life of me who it was. It's become another tradition. You'll find we're sort of weird that way. :ROFL:

That would be Dawno. So we get to blame her. Blaming Dawno would also be another forum tradition.

Ahh...there's a classic! The owner of this site is MacAllister Stone. If you look at her avatar, and have any interest in history, you'll realize it's a spoof of a very nice petroglyph. Speculation ran wild for some time as to WHAT it was. The two favorite options were Wile E. Coyote after a bad Acme day (which is now what it looks like) and a squashed gopher. Hence, gopher jokes. :)

Feel free to ask. If we decide you're worthy, we'll bless you with the answers... ;)

Ah, yes, the squashed gopher cult. Mac brainwashes followers regularly.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Not Phentermine, Ben. PHENTERMINE! You needs to shout it, man!

Nope - dunno why it's all gotta be caps - unless that's how the spam came in. I arrived at about the same time... :D

::OFG throws a suspicious glance JC's way...:: Hmmm. Yeah. You did; didn't you?

A very important point, MG.

Also, don't mention sausage to me. Evah. *shudders*

Awwww... but he was so sexay!

Stew21
08-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Just go to the AW history forum to find out more. :)
There's a whole thread on gophers.

(in fact, I might just have this thread moved to that forum. There are tons of inside jokes around here. this would be a good way to get them all in one place for the archive.)

L M Ashton
08-10-2008, 05:50 PM
It's all Dawno's fault. ALL of it. Really. :)

Mr Flibble
08-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh, yeah, that reminds me. Mr. Haskins could have his own entry but you kind of have to figure him out (or not) on your own. There really isn't a description; he just IS. ;)

I always find it helps to picture him like this:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/spinynorman_2006/funny-pictures-hot-or-not-cat.jpg

wyntermoon
08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Ah, yes, the squashed gopher cult. Mac brainwashes followers regularly.

Shun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus) the disbeliever... shuuuuunnnnnnnnn shuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Haggis
08-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Shun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus) the disbeliever... shuuuuunnnnnnnnn shuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Oh, Lord. I loved that one. :ROFL:

Jersey Chick
08-10-2008, 07:36 PM
::OFG throws a suspicious glance JC's way...:: Hmmm. Yeah. You did; didn't you?

But, it took me up until about a month ago to realize PHENTERMINE had to be in caps... you don't speak PHENTERMINE, you shout it :D

Monkey
08-10-2008, 08:17 PM
All the mods around here love to opress and wear jackboots.

Oh, and you've got to go check out the FAQ on flouncing.
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61043

References to "loosers" and "pedantic schoolgirls" are common. :D

C.bronco
08-10-2008, 08:37 PM
The Lolcat Flounce template is my favorite. ("Hazkins wuz mean to me" I want that made into a t-shirt. I, however, never noticed Haskins being mean.)

Cathy C
08-10-2008, 10:05 PM
The Lolcat Flounce template is my favorite. ("Hazkins wuz mean to me" I want that made into a t-shirt. I, however, never noticed Haskins being mean.)

Brutally honest is often deemed "mean" to those with thin skins. And he has some sort of built-in radar for thin skin. ;)

Jersey Chick
08-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I've seen a lot of that lately in some threads. OP aked a question, question was answered, but not to OP's liking. So we were being mean. That drives me nuts... just sayin'

Haskins isn't mean - he just calls bull**** when he sees it. :D

Cranky
08-10-2008, 10:22 PM
*wishes for Photoshop, badly*

I'd put Haskin's avatar on a ref's body if I could. Just squint, and you'll see it, I promise. :D

Beach Bunny
08-10-2008, 10:51 PM
All the mods around here love to opress and wear jackboots.

Oh, and you've got to go check out the FAQ on flouncing.
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61043

References to "loosers" and "pedantic schoolgirls" are common. :D

:ROFL:

Jersey Chick
08-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Loosers! One of my favorites! :D

JimmyB27
08-10-2008, 11:54 PM

But, it took me up until about a month ago to realize PHENTERMINE had to be in caps... you don't speak PHENTERMINE, you shout it :D
Isn't it also common practice to shout it in red? Thusly - PHENTERMINE!

Ageless Stranger
08-11-2008, 12:03 AM
You guys give me headaches.

Mr Flibble
08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
PHENTERMINE can help with that.

Jersey Chick
08-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Is it? See? I didn't know that!

PHENTERMINE

now available in red :)

Ageless Stranger
08-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Oh god, please no more phentermine. I refuse to shout to it.

Jersey Chick
08-11-2008, 12:45 AM
It's inevitable... you will shout the phentermine... ;)

Ageless Stranger
08-11-2008, 12:46 AM
It's inevitable... you will shout the phentermine... ;)

I'll never turn to the dark side!

Oh no, my nerd is showing!

*flees*

writerterri
08-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Dorks.

Have you been dorked yet? You're not really in unless you've been dorked.

That's all.

Jersey Chick
08-11-2008, 03:17 AM
If the PHENTERMINE don't get ya, the nerd will... bwahahaha!

Yes - you also must be dorked. By werri! :D

Ageless Stranger
08-11-2008, 03:19 AM
I swear that you guys make this up as you go along. All those old posts are doctored aren't they???

Jersey Chick
08-11-2008, 03:21 AM
:2angel:

Who? US??? Nah....

Ageless Stranger
08-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Ha! Your protestations of innocence have only convinced me of your guilt!

I'm on to you! :e2poke:

stormie
08-11-2008, 03:35 AM
:e2cry: Oh-Oh. Paranoia's setting in. I'm off to Susie's House of PCS (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46202). :gone:
ETA: I frequent House of PCS. Susie established a calm, peaceful place where there are no harsh words.

Ageless Stranger
08-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Your four-figure word post counts do not intimidate me!

You guys would be lost without me. :tongue

stormie
08-11-2008, 03:43 AM
My word posts have four figures? Wow, I knew I looked good! :tongue

Ageless Stranger
08-11-2008, 03:45 AM
I've had enough of this! You guys are all out to get me!

*Flounces away and slams door*

stormie
08-11-2008, 03:46 AM
Wait a minute--I'm the one with paranoia. I should flounce! First dibs at flouncing!

stormie
08-11-2008, 03:48 AM
*Throws a few lightening bolts and then hides* :wag:

Anyone mention the five-minute bannation? Cranky and I had that a few months ago. And she missed it!

Cranky
08-11-2008, 03:50 AM
Anyone mention the five-minute bannation? Cranky and I had that a few months ago. And she missed it!

LOL! ChaosTitan was kind enough to take a screenshot to show me how it looked, though. :roll:

Rolling Thunder
08-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Cranky was banned?

stormie
08-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Yeah, we provoked a mod. :ROFL: DARED a mod. (It was really her tutu that did it.) Gee, I wonder who it was?

Cranky
08-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Cranky was banned?

Heh. Smartaleck-who-banned-me-for-a-whole-half-hour-and-scared-me-half-to-death!!!

Rolling Thunder
08-11-2008, 03:59 AM
I. Am. Innocent.tm

Cranky
08-11-2008, 04:03 AM
I. Am. Innocent.tm

*snerk*

:e2seesaw:

That's you.

Susie
08-11-2008, 05:24 AM
:e2cry: Oh-Oh. Paranoia's setting in. I'm off to Susie's House of PCS (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46202). :gone:

Roses are red
Violets are blue.
You're so sweet, Stormie
Yep,that's true!

Thx much, for putting pcs on the "AW insider joke map." That's really special of you! :Hug2:

Susie
08-11-2008, 06:56 AM
:2angel:

Who? US??? Nah....

Yep, it's true what Jerz has under her sig.! :Hug2:

Beach Bunny
08-11-2008, 07:17 AM
So, let me get this straight ... after Haskins is mean to me, I get dorked? Then Rolling Thunder will ban me for 30 minutes, but that's okay because I can then go to Susies House of PCS and she'll straighten it all out. :e2faint:

Are you sure this isn't a click of loose pedantic schoolgirls? :D

Jersey Chick
08-11-2008, 07:36 AM
I dunno - I haven't been banned yet.

i'm too skeered to try....

Oh, and it's looser (a poke at posters who flounce off in such a huff they spell loser wrong. Or people who can't remember that a loser is one who doesn't win and a looser is when your pants fall down cuz they're too big for you. :D)

Deccydiva
08-11-2008, 12:37 PM
The trouble with insider jokes is that not only do newbies find it all a bit confusing, but threads can degenerate into private banters so the newbie feels invisible and unwanted too. :flag:It's particularly frustrating when a newbie posts and that post is completely ignored, so the they eventually give up trying to contribute. The Office Party? The newbies are not the ones standing in the kitchen, they're still banging on the door. :(

Still, at least I know what BIC means now! ;)

Beach Bunny
08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Oh, and it's looser (a poke at posters who flounce off in such a huff they spell loser wrong. Or people who can't remember that a loser is one who doesn't win and a looser is when your pants fall down cuz they're too big for you. :D)

:) Yes, I know. I was trying (but failed) to make a play on that. I was thinking that a looser would be someone with loose morals. So, loose pedantic schoolgirls would be a bunch of schoolgirls that are hot to trot .... nevermind. :gone: ....

Move along! Move along! Nothing to see here but the noob with egg on her face. ;)

Liam Jackson
08-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Heh. Smartaleck-who-banned-me-for-a-whole-half-hour-and-scared-me-half-to-death!!!

Uh, Cranky...before you're banned again, can I borrow a $20 until Friday? I'm good for it. Really.

Note to Rolling Thunder:
Be sure to ban Cranky AFTER I get the $20.00. Thank you very much ;)

ChunkyC
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi Bunny, and welcome to AW. :)

I might have to take credit (or blame) for starting the "Orlando Bloom as poll option" thing lo these many years ago. I believe it started with someone going on about what a lovely elf he made in Lord of the Rings, then I got thinking about how funny it would be if the Bloomster were to google himself and some of the posts on AW came up on top. Then it occurred to me a way to do that would be to make him an option in every poll I made and it kinda took off from there. Some of the funniest polls were ones where he actually looked like he might win, like this one, which was an inside joke itself:

Sven vs The Black Knight (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22544)

We still haven't heard from Orlando. :Shrug:

euclid
08-11-2008, 05:38 PM
We still haven't heard from Orlando. :Shrug:

OK so it's time to COME CLEAN.

Yes, it's me!!!!

I am the real Orlando Bloom.

I have been lurking around here for ages, listening to all this *@**!!

None of you ever suspected!

No one saw through my clever disguise! :e2paperba

Cranky
08-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Uh, Cranky...before you're banned again, can I borrow a $20 until Friday? I'm good for it. Really.

Note to Rolling Thunder:
Be sure to ban Cranky AFTER I get the $20.00. Thank you very much ;)

Got a hankering for a hamburger, Liam? *sigh*

Do you do Paypal? :D Make sure you pass along the extra cash I send to RT, so he DOESN'T ban me again. I have enough deodorant, thanks muchly.

Jersey Chick
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
:) Yes, I know. I was trying (but failed) to make a play on that. I was thinking that a looser would be someone with loose morals. So, loose pedantic schoolgirls would be a bunch of schoolgirls that are hot to trot .... nevermind. :gone: ....

Move along! Move along! Nothing to see here but the noob with egg on her face. ;)
I am sorry. Here, let me help you with the egg.... ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-11-2008, 06:52 PM
The trouble with insider jokes is that not only do newbies find it all a bit confusing, but threads can degenerate into private banters so the newbie feels invisible and unwanted too. :flag:It's particularly frustrating when a newbie posts and that post is completely ignored, so the they eventually give up trying to contribute. The Office Party? The newbies are not the ones standing in the kitchen, they're still banging on the door.

Newbies have to hang around, read, participate - even when they think they're not being noticed - and one day when they wake up; they're ol' timers... and some of 'em even become mods... like me.

And believe it or not, even ol' timers' posts get ignored. It's not a condition belonging to the n00b's post alone. There's been more than once I've posted something I considered to be quite witty - and not one notice. Not one rep point! Not one reply. Nuthin'.

I know... I know. Shocking. Hardly believable, even.

But true.

No, really.

I swear.

auntybug
08-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Nobody has posted Up You're's yet???

come on Battery!!!!!!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah. Sure. Fine, AB. Ignore me!

Haggis
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
And believe it or not, even ol' timers' posts get ignored. It's not a condition belonging to the n00b's post alone. There's been more than once I've posted something I considered to be quite witty - and not one notice. Not one rep point! Not one reply. Nuthin'.

I know... I know. Shocking. Hardly believable, even.

But true.

No, really.

I swear.

*ignores OFG's post*

auntybug
08-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Puppy? Oh good - we're alone :e2brows:

Haggis
08-11-2008, 07:08 PM

*nuzzles*

Jersey Chick
08-11-2008, 07:21 PM
OFG, did you say something? Sorry, my mind was a'wandering :D

cray
08-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Nobody has posted Up You're's yet???

come on Battery!!!!!!

actually, i was ignoring this thread.
it was started by a newbie

:roll: ifunny.

*ahem*

actually, ofg's post should be repeated....

Newbies have to hang around, read, participate - even when they think they're not being noticed - and one day when they wake up; they're ol' timers... and some of 'em even become mods... like me.

newbies, look how huge and awesome i am!
no reason,...i just wanted you to look at me.

the folks here are accommodating. don't be afraid to join the fray. :)

Haggis
08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
the folks here are accommodating. don't be afraid to join the fray. :)

And by all means stop into the Comedy Cabaret. We even have a special welcome chair for n00bs. :)

stormie
08-11-2008, 08:14 PM
*Fondly reminiscing*
I've been here since before 2005 (yep, AW existed well before then), and there were times I had not a clue what was going on. Or I was late to the party. BUT I'm the one who unwittingly resurrects dead threads. And proud of it, too.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-11-2008, 08:20 PM
::OFG ignores all of you'ses.::

sassandgroove
08-11-2008, 09:30 PM
The trouble with insider jokes is that not only do newbies find it all a bit confusing, but threads can degenerate into private banters so the newbie feels invisible and unwanted too. :flag:It's particularly frustrating when a newbie posts and that post is completely ignored, so the they eventually give up trying to contribute. The Office Party? The newbies are not the ones standing in the kitchen, they're still banging on the door. :(

Still, at least I know what BIC means now! ;)

Just so you don't feel ignored, I quoted you. :) Seriously, I know it can seem like we're an exclusive club, but we're not. In a board with so many members, (I've lost count) it can seem like you are being over looked. Just jump in.

I miss threads and jokes and get no response to posts all the time. There was one in a thread about irony where I posted the definition from dictionary.com and discussed it in a literary sense and not one word. SO I posted again "is it irony that no one noticed my post on irony?" Got me a rep point for that, yeah baby!

OK so it's time to COME CLEAN.

Yes, it's me!!!!

I am the real Orlando Bloom.

I have been lurking around here for ages, listening to all this *@**!!

None of you ever suspected!

No one saw through my clever disguise! :e2paperba

Hey Orlando, I like you and all, you are good in LOTR and Pirates, but you still look like a kid to me. Just sayin'. ;)

Sass- who had crushes on Sean Astin and Johnny Depp as a teen. :heart:

Susie
08-11-2008, 10:43 PM
So, let me get this straight ... after Haskins is mean to me, I get dorked? Then Rolling Thunder will ban me for 30 minutes, but that's okay because I can then go to Susies House of PCS and she'll straighten it all out. :e2faint:

Are you sure this isn't a click of loose pedantic schoolgirls? :D

Hey, Beach Bunny, definitely go to The House of PCS. It's not my house, it's everyone's house. :) You can have anything there that's good and even hunky massage fellows. :)

stormie
08-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey, Beach Bunny, definitely go to The House of PCS. It's not my house, it's everyone's house. :) You can have anything there that's good and even hunky massage fellows. :)
But BEGUN by Susie. (She's a sweetie!) And it's kept stocked with chocolate, too. A very calm, nice place, to put your feet up and unwind.

Beach Bunny
08-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I am sorry. Here, let me help you with the egg.... ;)

Thanks.

You know, I needed a facial.

Ooooh my skin feels so soft and smooth now. :)

Jersey Chick
08-11-2008, 11:34 PM
See? We hearts our noobs...

And I am also guilty of accidentally resurrecting threads... **sighs** I offered Susie hugs on a rejection on a thread from like, two years ago... Nothing like bringing up bad memories, eh? :)

stormie
08-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Oh, I remember that one! I think I followed you, Jersey. Okay, you instigated that one. :D But it's good to give hugs, even if it's late.

Jersey Chick
08-12-2008, 01:06 AM
That's what I told myself. But it still felt like rubbing salt in a wound that was thisclose to healed. :D

auntybug
08-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Oh yeah.... Kevin is KFC.

:D You're're welcome!

auntybug
08-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Pffft..... 1st time I saw it - you did it. :e2tongue:

Don't make me get battery to dig up the post ;)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/auntybug/coyote-011.gif

Jersey Chick
08-12-2008, 01:25 AM
This was the best I could do, KFC... er.... KTC... ;)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb134/JerseyChick71/hl_ztf.gif

sassandgroove
08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
mmmm...chicken.

Jersey Chick
08-12-2008, 01:33 AM
I know.... now I want KFC.... or is it KTC? Gah! I'm all confuseded-like... ;)

sassandgroove
08-12-2008, 01:46 AM
what about your thigh?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-12-2008, 01:52 AM
And just what the H E double hockey sticks does that mean, missy!?

Now, now, Colonel! Don't get all excited! You know what the doctor told you. Getting excited makes your meat tough.

Just don't bite my breast and we'll be fine.

You'd like it, I bet.

Jersey Chick
08-12-2008, 02:04 AM
:roll:

ChunkyC
08-12-2008, 02:34 AM
But is it extra-crispy?

Jersey Chick
08-12-2008, 02:49 AM
**don't go there**

**don't go there**

**don't go there**

**don't go there**

Duct tapes mouth to keep quiet...

Unique
08-12-2008, 02:57 AM

PHENTERMINE can help with that.

Yeah - but they also give me deep breathing exercises (extreme laughter edition)

oh, gosh. Now robeiae's gonna show up. He has a thang for school girl uniforms.

n00bs -newbies - you never know - the next AW Inside Joke may be Yours! But you have to play to win!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
n00bs -newbies - you never know - the next AW Inside Joke may be Yours! But you have to play to win!

Disclaimer: No purchase necessary to enter. YMMV. Not affilliated with or sanctioned by AW Owners or Managers. Always play responsibly. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Award not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash or rep points) of any award will be permitted. All acknowledgements are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). (AW, its affiliates, owners, mods, managers, and old timers are blameless, with the exception of Dawno, whose fault it always is.)

And don't forget the amazing Magic Ink!

euclid
08-12-2008, 04:09 PM

Hey, :poke: Auntybug, who's the guy in your avatar?

He looks like he's had open heart surgery, or has someone done an autopsy on him?

auntybug
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey, :poke: Auntybug, who's the guy in your avatar?

He looks like he's had open heart surgery, or has someone done an autopsy on him?

I'll do a thorough exam on him & get back to you :D

It's Chris Evans - Fire dude from fantastic 4. He plays the brother to cray's love of his life (Jessica Alba) small world, huh ;)

eta: Are you referring to his 'treasure trail'?? tee hee

euclid
08-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Fire dude from fantastic 4.

Oh right. One of the new kids on the block. I turned that part down. :e2yawn:

*flounce* *flounce* *sniff*

auntybug
08-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh right. One of the new kids on the block.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent081.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

euclid
08-12-2008, 07:03 PM

So that's where the smilies come from!
Watch this space
OB

euclid
08-12-2008, 07:20 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent105.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

auntybug
08-12-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent105.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Oh! Spank you. Can I have another? http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-char-004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)
(Don't smiley war w/ me buddy ;) )

auntybug
08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/auntybug/stewie2.gif

Mr Flibble
08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/gewalt/BIGYuppyAcid.gif

I love an excuse to get the smilies out

sassandgroove
08-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh right. One of the new kids on the block. I turned that part down. :e2yawn:

*flounce* *flounce* *sniff*
That's because you are too good for it, Honey.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Disclaimer: No purchase necessary to enter. YMMV. Not affilliated with or sanctioned by AW Owners or Managers. Always play responsibly. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Award not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash or rep points) of any award will be permitted. All acknowledgements are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). (AW, its affiliates, owners, mods, managers, and old timers are blameless, with the exception of Dawno, whose fault it always is.)

And don't forget the amazing Magic Ink!

See? SEE!? There you have it. Witty. Sharp. Downright amusing, even! And not a soul... not.one.soul noticed! Not a rep point! Not a reply! Nada. Zip. Nuthin' again!

::sigh::

See? Happens to the oldest of us.

sassandgroove
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Sorry, I was distracted by Orlando. I mean I know I said he looks like a kid, but he's still a handsome kid.
Sass- who isn't really that much older.

auntybug
08-12-2008, 09:35 PM
See? SEE!? There you have it. Witty. Sharp. Downright amusing, even! And not a soul... not.one.soul noticed! Not a rep point! Not a reply! Nada. Zip. Nuthin' again!

:roll: I don't usually hi-light yours! I always have to do cray's cause his avi is so damn big you always think there is more!

*waits for him to come quote & edit my post*

euclid
08-12-2008, 10:01 PM

Hey OFG, slow down! I haven't finished reading it yet.
OB

sassandgroove
08-12-2008, 11:10 PM

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Sorry, I was distracted by Orlando. I mean I know I said he looks like a kid, but he's still a handsome kid.
Sass- who isn't really that much older.

You can have Orlando. I'll take Johnny.

Or Russell.

Or... ::sigh:: Gerry.

sassandgroove
08-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't want him, I just want to LOOK at him.

euclid
08-13-2008, 01:10 AM
You can have Orlando. I'll take Johnny.

Or Russell.

Or... ::sigh:: Gerry.

Who Gerry? Jerry Lewis? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Mr Flibble
08-13-2008, 01:15 AM
You take Olrando and Johnny ( unless he's dressed as Captain Jack, in which case he's already handcuffed to my bed) I'll have Kurt Russell in his prime and a side order of Karl Urban.

deal?

Jersey Chick
08-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Gerry?

Gerard? Butler?

Nope - can't have him. He's mine!

Jerry Lewis is all yours, though! ;)

euclid
08-13-2008, 01:23 AM
You take Olrando and Johnny ( unless he's dressed as Captain Jack, in which case he's already handcuffed to my bed) I'll have Kurt Russell in his prime and a side order of Karl Urban.

deal?

This is the ladies' restroom, isn't it?
How'd I stumble in here?
Which way to the men's?
:e2paperba

sassandgroove
08-13-2008, 01:25 AM
The pic he had of Orlando was:
mmmm yummy!

Mr Flibble
08-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Pfft he's a girl with no boobs.

you want this:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/spinynorman_2006/08.jpg

or maybe this:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/spinynorman_2006/039_22276.jpg

And he wore leather trews rather well. I'm a sucker for leather trews ( on those guys that can actually pull it off)

Cold shower BRB

sassandgroove
08-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Forget about Orlando and Johnny,
I'll take Jack Devenport.

http://www.belovedtigersharks.de/davenport18.jpg

Unique
08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
See, new folks?

It's all good. When I first showed up ... my first post was in ...... <drumroll> ......

The Poetry Game ( !! Ta Da!! )

I figured I couldn't mess that up and no one would yell at me.

And if they ignored me it didn't matter because there was no repartye - er... repartee`.

SWIM!

Unique
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
oh, shut up, Kevin

I wouldn't do crack and you know it.

Fermented dandelions, perhaps. Crack? Nevah -

(KTC and I sparring is also an inside joke.)

Unique
08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
:wag:

gotta hang up now -

bye :hi:

Haggis
08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Mushrooms.

robeiae
08-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't get it.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Fungus.

C.bronco
08-14-2008, 05:14 AM
I keep Motrin in my purse. AW doesn't give me headaches, however. I get those from other sources.

Jersey Chick
08-14-2008, 06:42 AM
I have two kids.... it takes a lot for me to get a headache...

robeiae
08-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Fungus.
Damn. This isn't the place to air Rolling Thunder's personal issues, imo...or to air his underwear.

robeiae
08-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I keep Motrin in my purse. AW doesn't give me headaches, however. I get those from other sources.

I have two kids.... it takes a lot for me to get a headache...
And don't think I can't read between the lines, here. I know you're both talking about me and don't try to tell me I'm paranoid...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Damn. This isn't the place to air Rolling Thunder's personal issues, imo...or to air his underwear.

If you think that's bad, you should have seen the discussion re: RT's undies in the the Mod Room just last night...

robeiae
08-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Hopefully, you reached the only logical conclusion possible: it's best for the board if they remain locked.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-14-2008, 10:29 PM
RT's underwear's been locked for a long, long time... no one's noticed.

ETA: Or complained.

Monkey
08-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Where the hell is Huggis?

How can we have a thread about AW insider jokes, talk about RT's underwear, and NOT have Huggis?

I demand furry, piratey satisfaction.

(Don't take that wrong. I don't want anything untoward to happen to my leg.)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-15-2008, 11:06 PM
(Don't take that wrong. I don't want anything untoward to happen to my leg.)

Then you need to watch out for Haggis, too, first and foremost.

Jersey Chick
08-15-2008, 11:43 PM
And don't think I can't read between the lines, here. I know you're both talking about me and don't try to tell me I'm paranoid...

Dawno
08-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Here's one that's near and dear to me - Power Point

sassandgroove
08-16-2008, 12:01 AM
What about AW Bingo? I think its mostly in Bewares. I came across the thread once and it looked like fun but I never got around to finishing making my own card. And I've seen some good ones.

Sass- lurkers support me in PMs!

Monkey
08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Ah, yes, we mustn't forget the ol' "Lurkers support me in PM's". :D

Dawno
08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
The lurkers support me in rep comments...

Stew21
08-16-2008, 12:16 AM
"Oh yea! Well i"m pretty sure it's the ravings of you women that is the reason Haskins left."

I have to admit that one was my FAVORITE from the flouncer FAQ

sassandgroove
08-16-2008, 12:37 AM
The lurkers support me in rep comments...
Dawno's got me there. Reppies gets points. PMs is just messages.

IT's her fault, tho.

Jersey Chick
08-16-2008, 12:43 AM
I blame Dawno, for sure. :D

robeiae
08-16-2008, 01:52 AM
Another good insider joke: Liam.

What?

Susie
08-16-2008, 02:30 AM
Susie's chocolate. A joke, but definitely serious eatin'. :D

Beach Bunny
08-16-2008, 02:34 AM
Susie's chocolate. A joke, but definitely serious eatin'. :D
Someone told me that I should bribe you with chocolate to get rep points.

*slips Susie some Godiva chocolate. just in case.* :)

robeiae
08-16-2008, 04:24 AM
Go stuff your big toe in a meat grinder.

Unique
08-16-2008, 02:19 PM
oh, l:e2point:ook - another inside joke. Mr Himself, himself. ;)

pontificate much?

ha ha, and away .....

euclid
08-16-2008, 04:42 PM
My God, Beach Bunny, is that you on the diving board? ;)

Beach Bunny
08-18-2008, 07:57 AM
My God, Beach Bunny, is that you on the diving board? ;)

:) No. It's a pin-up from the 1950's, a time when real women had curves and weren't a walking advertisement for anorexia and/or heroin addiction. :D It was painted before I was born.

That being said, I could have posed for this when I was 19. But, it has been while since I was 19 (a long while, but not that long.)

Anyway, it matches my username. :D

robeiae
08-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Real women still have curves, at least in my worldview.

But then again, I just got a new car. And it's a Buick...

euclid
08-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Real women still have curves, at least in my worldview.

But then again, I just got a new car. And it's a Buick...

Hear hear. Now where did I leave my hearing aid?
Do they still make Buicks? I thought they went out with the Dodge. ;)

robeiae
08-18-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm quite excited about it and I think it's very fun to drive...sadly.

euclid
08-18-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm quite excited about it and I think it's very fun to drive...sadly.

Yeah, but how old is it?
I want to buy a courgette, but my wife says it's probably a lemon!

sassandgroove
08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
more proof that rob is old.

Cranky
08-18-2008, 07:42 PM

We needed more? Well, I guess Robovowels does. He's sorta forgetful. :D

robeiae
08-18-2008, 08:07 PM
What are you guys talking about?

euclid
08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
What are you guys talking about?

Can't remember...

robeiae
08-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Ann-Margaret is hawt.

euclid
08-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Ann-Margaret is hawt.

I wish you'd stay on topic.

cray
08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
potato salad!

robeiae
08-18-2008, 09:55 PM
No thanks. It hurts my teeth.

Stew21
08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Just put your teeth in the glass of Polident and the potato salad in a blender - you'll be fine.

sassandgroove
08-18-2008, 10:47 PM
I wish you'd stay on topic.there's a topic?

Pagey's_Girl
08-18-2008, 11:29 PM

We don't need no steenkin' topic!

Stew21
08-18-2008, 11:31 PM

Our inability to stay on topic is one of the best inside jokes we have.

Monty Python is a derail favorite.

Our inability to stay on topic is also the reason we have a The Compulsive Thread Derail Attempt Landfill

sassandgroove
08-18-2008, 11:34 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/i-is-workin-wat-u-want.jpg

Stew21
08-18-2008, 11:35 PM
we like kitty pictures for derails too. Specifically to derail low-scoring flounces.

robeiae
08-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Oddly enough, I still think I'm on topic.

Stew21
08-18-2008, 11:57 PM
you're always on something.

robeiae
08-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Or someone?

sassandgroove
08-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Rob's UP to something....

Stew21
08-19-2008, 12:01 AM
I suppose if your lucky.

Stew21
08-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Or someone?

I love that this is a question...Are you asking me if you are?

sassandgroove
08-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Maybe it's Ann Margeret.

Unique
08-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Rob's older than I am and he's younger than me.
What's up with that?

(I think it's all those numbers ....)

Deccydiva
08-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Doesn't this site have a separate chat room for this kind of stuff? I still feel I'm intruding on a private party on many of the office party threads... :cry:want to contribute but can't.

sassandgroove
08-19-2008, 01:05 AM
well we are sort of acting like we're in Office Party here, but she did ask about inside jokes. Just jump in. We won't bite. I promise.

well I won't!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/33/63321642_eadc3ca868.jpg
hosted on flickr.com
yes. that is me. :)

robeiae
08-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Doesn't this site have a separate chat room for this kind of stuff? I still feel I'm intruding on a private party on many of the office party threads... :cry:want to contribute but can't.
The trick is, just go ahead and intrude. The more, the merrier. And speaking for myself, I treat all members with an equal amount of respect.

Pagey's_Girl
08-19-2008, 04:24 AM
Actual conversation from another board I frequent:
Person #1: I don't see why you had to flame her. If Pagey had posted something off-topic you wouldn't have gotten mad.
Person #2: yeah, but with Pagey you expect it. She derails every thread she posts in.

She apologized a few posts later, but I thought it was pretty funny....

Jersey Chick
08-19-2008, 04:26 AM
well we are sort of acting like we're in Office Party here, but she did ask about inside jokes. Just jump in. We won't bite. I promise.

well I won't!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/33/63321642_eadc3ca868.jpg
hosted on flickr.com
yes. that is me. :)

Repeat after me:

"Newbies are friends, NOT food!" :D

euclid
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Our inability to stay on topic is one of the best inside jokes we have.

Monty Python is a derail favorite.

Our inability to stay on topic is also the reason we have a The Compulsive Thread Derail Attempt Landfill

I think I'm following this, now. Sassy and OFG are grooming Rob. Rob is grooming KTC. KTC and Stew have a scene, but maybe KTC has his eye on Sassy, really. Jersey and Unique want to wangle invites to the party. Cray is just interested in food. It's pretty obvious once you catch the sinister undercurrents.

But what does "derail" mean? :Shrug:

sassandgroove
08-19-2008, 07:07 PM
but maybe KTC has his eye on SassyUH? No no no, KTC is my Cyber Big Brother. Actually I think Rob is too. Because I said once I wanted a big brother, and Kevin volunteered, but then both Rob and Kevin were picking on me and Stew said she thought I'd just acquired two big brothers. See, that's why they don't get along. Sibling rivalry. :)

How am I 'grooming' rob. This intrigues me.

euclid
08-19-2008, 07:43 PM
UH? No no no, KTC is my Cyber Big Brother. Actually I think Rob is too. Because I said once I wanted a big brother, and Kevin volunteered, but then both Rob and Kevin were picking on me and Stew said she thought I'd just acquired two big brothers. See, that's why they don't get along. Sibling rivalry. :)

Who the h*ll is Kevin? There has been no mention of a Kevin so far. This is doing my head in :cry:

robeiae
08-19-2008, 07:47 PM
How am I 'grooming' rob. This intrigues me.
Picking fleas from my fur and eating them?

Haggis
08-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Who the h*ll is Kevin? There has been no mention of a Kevin so far. This is doing my head in :cry:

This is Kevin.

http://images.vinylpulse.com/vp_pics/boredomsqueezer/kevin/special_kevin_o.jpg

cray
08-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Who the h*ll is Kevin?

sebby

cray
08-19-2008, 07:55 PM
This is Kevin.

http://images.vinylpulse.com/vp_pics/boredomsqueezer/kevin/special_kevin_o.jpg

JimmyB27
08-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Kevin is Katie C.

Mr Flibble
08-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm Kevin and so's my wife.

robeiae
08-19-2008, 09:25 PM
I am Kevin.

http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/libertas/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/20060813154148-spartacus.jpg

Unique
08-19-2008, 09:46 PM

Actually - I hear they talk about writing in chat. Go figure.

I treat all members with th an equal amount of respect and disdain.

Kevin The Canadian = KTC

Medievalist
08-19-2008, 09:51 PM

Well, you know, you could go welcome Newbies in the Newbies thread or check out the Round Table, or read and comment on Show Your Work, and before you know it, you'll have jokes of your own to make, and folk to make them with.

These members posting in this thread were all of them new too.

Beach Bunny
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
:ROFL: You guys crack me up.

I am Kevin.

http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/libertas/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/20060813154148-spartacus.jpg

:e2faint: ... Wait a second, I thought your name was Kirk?

Beach Bunny
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Some of us are still new. I'm also mouthy and opinionated. :D

Stew21
08-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Some of us are still new. I'm also mouthy and opinionated. :D

Sure way to fit in. You just described 3/4 of the people who post here.

um...that's a good thing!

Beach Bunny
08-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Sure way to fit in. You just described 3/4 of the people who post here.

um...that's a good thing!

LOL ... Right! :D

Unique
08-19-2008, 11:00 PM
She's serious.

Ya can't do a good flounce w/o being mouthy and opinionated. Try it. You'll see. It just can't be done. :D

Lurkers support me in email!

robeiae
08-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Sure way to fit in.
K-Y?

robeiae
08-19-2008, 11:43 PM
That's a dirty stinkin' lie!

Jersey Chick
08-20-2008, 12:10 AM
K-Y?

Two words - Beverage. Alert.

Seriously. I was eating M&Ms when I read this. It could have been ugly. Very. Ugly.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-20-2008, 12:18 AM

Do what I did: Barge in, act like you belong, and guess what? You will.

The trick is, just go ahead and intrude. The more, the merrier. And speaking for myself, I treat all members with an equal amount of respect.

Absolutely none at all. And that's what I love about you.

I think I'm following this, now. Sassy and OFG are grooming Rob. Rob is grooming KTC. KTC and Stew have a scene, but maybe KTC has his eye on Sassy, really. Jersey and Unique want to wangle invites to the party. Cray is just interested in food. It's pretty obvious once you catch the sinister undercurrents.

But what does "derail" mean? :Shrug:

Which 'Rob'? There's more than one, y'know... and one of 'em is my little brother. The other is just, y'know, ROB. He just 'is'.

Derail? It means 'wallow around in a thread until it's impossible to recognize its original intent'. You'll find examples all over the board. Literally. :D

Jersey Chick
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Wangle invites? Nope. I just gate crash. :D

tjwriter
08-20-2008, 05:35 AM
Why don't you people just admit that you're sick and twisted? And then some.

C.bronco
08-20-2008, 05:44 AM
I never claimed otherwise.

C.bronco
08-20-2008, 05:47 AM
The question remains: how do I draw Robieae for Capon Frank? Please send me pictorials.

robeiae
08-20-2008, 06:25 PM
An ink blot would probably be best.

Monkey
08-21-2008, 05:44 AM
I was just reminded of one...

The AW'ers who hang out on the PA threads are "nasty toady bugs". And they are prone to munching popcorn, setting their hair on fire, and beating their heads on their desks. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-21-2008, 05:46 AM
Why don't you people just admit that you're sick and twisted? And then some.

And damn proud of it, too!

Matera the Mad
08-21-2008, 09:09 AM
PHRAPPP!

Monkey
08-26-2008, 01:00 AM
There once was a certain plagiarist with an unequalled talent for messing up the English language. She left us with several little gems, one of which I saw today and thought ought be mentioned here, lest newbies see it and misunderstand:

Diddo.

It's like "Ditto", but dumber. :D

Jersey Chick
08-26-2008, 01:06 AM
I was just reminded of one...

The AW'ers who hang out on the PA threads are "nasty toady bugs". And they are prone to munching popcorn, setting their hair on fire, and beating their heads on their desks. :D
And on a good day, we do all three! :D

stormie
08-26-2008, 01:12 AM
And on a good day, we do all three! :D
And after reading PAMB, it's quite often.