OT posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeek

AW Addict
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Veinglory was right. This is the atheist forum, Veinglory is the forum's moderator, and she is trying to keep the forum clear of people who come here solely to throw tomatoes at atheists. It's a messy job, but someone has to do it. ;)

Last edited:

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
elodie.the.writer.tripod.com
But I didn't see anyone throwing tomatoes at atheists on here. Maybe Anis is similar to me; we can't fully comprehend that people don't believe in some things, but we respect their right to believe, or not, the same right as others have to believe in whatever they do.
Like I said earlier in this thread, I'm not religious, I wasn't brought up with religion, but I, myself, do believe in an afterlife, reincarnation. I know I've lived before. And to answer someone else's comments on here... I often ask myself if I only believe in an afterlife because I'm frightened not to, then I answer myself, no, because if once you're dead, you're dead, you ain't going to know, so it doesn't really matter.

Veinglory was right. This is the atheist forum, Veinglory is the forum's moderator, and she is trying to keep the forum clear of people who come here solely to throw tomatoes at atheists. It's a messy job, but someone has to do it. ;)

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
How rude of you to talk to another member/person like that, just who the hell do you think you are? I think you should apologise to Anis.

She is Veinglory, moderator of the Atheist forum, appointed by MacAllister, owner of Absolute Write. That is who the hell she is. If you have an issue with how she is moderating this forum or this thread, I suggest, rather than publicly insulting her, you privately contact a supermod or MacAllister to make your concerns known. Beyond that, your response to her is far more rude than anything she has said to Anis.

As a general rule, proselytizing is frowned on at AW. It is particularly frowned upon to go into an area devoted to a particular belief system and tell them what they do and do not believe, which is exactly what Anis did by instructing those who frequent the Atheist section of AW that "everyone believes in an afterlife."

Eeek

AW Addict
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since Birol said what I was thinking, but more calmly and concisely, I'm going to delete my post above. I think the points I was trying to make are valid, but in the light of day I can see the tone was off -- too agitated and upset, and perhaps unnecessarily inflammatory.

Live and learn.

Last edited:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Respect is what you do [comma] not what you write.
I read that sentence last night, but only NOW was I able to parse it to make sense, with the inserted punctuation...

Anyway, carry on - or not, as the case may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.