The view from the parking lot yesterday

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Or, why I decided NOT to go for a walk at lunch...

photo008.jpg

That's looking across the street from where I work. The storm was hammering the next town over. We weren't getting any rain right then, but the wind was howling.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That's very pretty. Not Spooky's, PG's. Not that I'd be keen to walk in it either, but I do love a good storm.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
We get those on occasion, too, Spooky. I've spent so much of my working life at a huge company with a cloistered campus set well back away from the rest of the world that working at a place out on the main (literally, Main) street seems a bit odd.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm...I love a good storm. Not saying I'd go play in it either. But there's just something about that majestic power that makes me all tingly inside.
(no pun intended) (well - maybe a little bit)

Hey. The sidewalk will still be there on Monday, right? Right? You can take a walk then.
Or did it all break loose and wash your town away?

Inquiring minds (nosy) want to know. ;)

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score

photo008.jpg

That's looking across the street from where I work. The storm was hammering the next town over. We weren't getting any rain right then, but the wind was howling.

I know this sounds a little off *she's tried to hide her insanity for so long* but I think this is an absolutely beautiful picture, especially the 'light' in the center of the storm. Is that lightning or what Dickinson called 'that certain slant of light?

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score

photo008.jpg

I agree, stunning pic.
Spooky - nothing like that ever happens in Longford. In fact, nothing happens in Longford... :Shrug:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sherry, in a further derailment--that's how my parents met, too.

Maryn, whose city witnessed a waterspout yesterday over Lake Ontario

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I am on the east coast. :) Almost exactly halfway between NYC and Albany.

The sun was trying to come out around the edges of the cloud, which made it look even darker and eerier - we just got the fringe, but a friend over in Connecticut said he got golfball-sized hail from that storm. So we lucked out. Today was the first day in over a week that's been totally dry, but they're predicting storms for tomorrow afternoon again. (Actually, today would have been a perfect day to get caught in a Groundhog Day-type loop - it was gorgeous.)

antebellum

Oh, you know.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clockandbell.ca
I think a thunderstorm's about to start here, too. It started to get windy and dark clouds moved in just as I started to read this thread - I think your picture caused it! ;)

Last edited:

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I just drove through a strange, narrow band of thunderstorm. Didn't look nearly as threatening as your pics, but DANG the rain came down so hard and so fast I couldn't see the road I was driving on.

Every time I think I've driven through the hardest rain yet, there's always another one that tops it... making me a little concerned since I was barely moving and still couldn't see the hood in this last one.

I like thunderstorms best when I'm safe, inside, and at home. And I seem to be in one of those rare locations that gets skipped by the most severe weather. =) I'm good with that.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
I love thunderstorms too- And we don't get enough of them here in Southern California. Sigh...

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like thunderstorms best when I'm safe, inside, and at home. And I seem to be in one of those rare locations that gets skipped by the most severe weather. =) I'm good with that.

Me, too. I've watched storms split on the Doppler radar and leave where I am untouched. I call it the 'weather dead zone'. Wish I could see it from 10,000 feet cuz I'd really like to know WHY.

(God likes you, Unique. You want it to change or what. Shut up.)