PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people like Dane Cook?

MonaLeigh
08-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Everytime I hear Dane Cook's name mentioned, people roll their eyes. I haven't heard his stand-up, but he seems funny from what I've seen of him on tv. I listened to his podcasts at work this week and he's awfully cocky and came across as a jerk a few times. Is that why? Just curious.

Shadow_Ferret
08-09-2008, 05:22 AM
I never heard of him. Do I have to google him now?

SpookyWriter
08-09-2008, 05:23 AM
I never heard of him. Do I have to google him now?Perv.

MonaLeigh
08-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Dane Cook (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0176981/). He's been in some bad movies!

Shadow_Ferret
08-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Jealous I haven't googled you?

Silver King
08-09-2008, 05:25 AM
I never heard of him. Do I have to google him now?
I haven't either. And I'm not going to google any man. It sounds naughty.

Perv.
What Jon said.

Perks
08-09-2008, 05:25 AM
I haven't heard his stand-upThis would, for me, be the answer to your question. Or more simply put, he's an idiot.

Terribly, painfully unfunny. And obnoxious for an encore.

Silver King
08-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Everytime I hear Dane Cook's name mentioned, people roll their eyes. I haven't heard his stand-up, but he seems funny from what I've seen of him on tv. I listened to his podcasts at work this week and he's awfully cocky and came across as a jerk a few times. Is that why? Just curious.

Dane Cook (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0176981/). He's been in some bad movies!
You've answered your own question!

WendyNYC
08-09-2008, 05:27 AM
I don't know why, but I don't like him either. Maybe it's his swaggery walk? Maybe his hair?

SpookyWriter
08-09-2008, 05:30 AM
I don't know why, but I don't like him either. Maybe it's his swaggery walk? Maybe his hair?That describes half the guys in NYC.

MonaLeigh
08-09-2008, 05:31 AM
You should hear his podcasts. I actually sort of liked him in some of his movies (I did NOT see Employee of the Month w/Jessica Simpson! Nor will I). On the podcasts he acts like he was starring in The Godfather or something. He talked about his role in the thriller (I use that word loosely) Mr. Brooks and how he wanted to give his fans something different that they'd appreciate. What an ass.

WendyNYC
08-09-2008, 05:33 AM
That describes half the guys in NYC.

I can't really argue with that.

MonaLeigh
08-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Ok, I watched the parody, then I watched a bunch of real Dane Cook comedy and I have to admit...I couldn't stop laughing.

kristie911
08-09-2008, 07:07 AM
I've seen some of Dane Cook's stand-up that was really funny (older stuff) and some that made me change the channel (newer stuff). I actually really liked him in Mr. Brooks but I'm sort of "meh" about him overall.

underthecity
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I personally think he's hilarious as a stand-up comic. I've only seen him in one movie: Dan in Real Life. He was okay in that, but the movie overall was awful.

allen

MonaLeigh
08-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I've only seen him in one movie: Dan in Real Life. He was okay in that, but the movie overall was awful.

allen
I agree. Have you ever seen a family do the things they do? No fighting, playing games together all day long...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Hadn't ever heard of him... looked at the links... see I haven't missed a thing.

oswann
08-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I think discovering Australia is an effort which should be repected regardless of how he walks.

Os.

willfulone
08-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I think some of his stand up sucks. But I thought that of Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor too. I like some of his stand up too. As I did Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor. I think Dane is disgusting, but funny as hell in Crank Yankers. He is all over the movie world with bombs. Employee of the Month (with Jessica Simpson), Good Luck, Chuck (with Jessica Alba), etc. I can only name those two right now, for those are the two my neices have and sent over to me. Both were bad, but had some funny parts. I think Dane's claim to fame should be he has a nice butt. If you ladies are not sure, check out Good Luck, Chuck. He bares it for several minutes while he screws every woman on the planet wishing to get married. Yeah, movie sucks, but his butt is nice.

Christine

Voyager
08-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I actually liked Dane Cook until I watched the HBO special he did of his tour. He acted like such a royal idiot the whole time. He treated his friends like crap and I happen to be a big fan of Gary Gulman (one of the other comics on the tour). Couldn't stomach him after that.