The Police Final(?) Concert at MSG

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

Amazing show, each song was as good if not better than the original. reinvented, re-imagined tracks, but still just Andy, Stewart & Sting.

B-52's opened, and I was surprised that it was a good choice for the audience. All upbeat and energetic songs. The blond must have been certain to tell the cameramen not to have any close-ups, but all around a good act. Went on just long enough.

The Police opened with Sunshine of Your Love - interesting to not do one of their own. But then they followed with Message in a Bottle featuring the NYPD Band drum line. Wow-o-wowwy-wow!

The rest of the show was great. Poignant pieces like Invisible Sun accompanied by pictures of children from war zones, and cotton candy fun of DooDooDoo DaDaDa.

Stewart Copeland dominated. He bounced from drum kit to a whole stand of cymbals and gongs. Really added a new flavor to Wrapped Around Your Finger.

My ears are still ringing, and I think I still have a contact high from seats 9-12.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Thanks for the report. I'm so jealous!

Stewart Copeland rawks. He's one of my drum idols. :Hail: I'm so glad to hear that he mixed things up even more than usual (that NYPD drum line must have sounded amazing!).

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm jealous. They didn't come within several hundred miles of Podunk.

Maryn, one of Podunk's most eccentric citizens

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I missed the first leg of the tour, and the other venues around here were sold out or too far.

I'm glad I picked the Garden show - it was the last of the tour, and probably the last of the band (for another 20 years or so).