Questions, questions and more questions.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I can't write without questions to answer so this thread is dedicated to asking. What do you want to know about regarding healthcare, relationships, sleep, dreams, grief, loss, metaphysics, healing, spirituality, emotions, etc. ...

Your questions give me focus and help me look deeper into my own knowledge. They also help me discover any bias I may have about certain issues.

If I can get a collection of questions in this thread, it will help me tremendously with my writing.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
Can you give me proof that there is an afterlife? Solid proof? Can you assure me that my dead son knows how much he was loved and how hurt his family and friends are?

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Human nature has a nasty habit of taking for granted those things which can be proven. This is one of the great things about spirituality...it does not allow you to become indifferent.

I can not prove an afterlife and neither can anyone else. I can only offer support and compassion as you attempt to come to terms with such a tragic loss.

As difficult as it must be, your questions have just given me insight into more than you may realize. I thank you for that and I will certainly address these insights and more in my writing.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
No more questions? .. except my own.

Bummer.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of Questions for ya

1) Why do pharmeceutical companies ignore synergistic effects and try to isolate 'active ingredients'? Don't they know that it's the combo that does the job? Or are they too lazy to look?

2) How did insurance companies get such a license to steal; and how do I get one?

3) Could I use a license like that if I had one?

4) If it's unethical, should it also be illegal?

5) Why did manic-depressive change to bi-polar?
and
6) Can we change it back? I like the sound of it better.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
These are great questions! :Thumbs:

I especially enjoyed #1 & #2. They made me laugh.

The nature of the questions seem, to me, to be articles within themselves. With questions like these, what more needs to be said or written for that matter?

Who among us is not familiar with open and closed ended questions? As for me, I fancy those that answer themselves.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Why does my allergy medication costs $80 for a 1 month supply here, and only $30 for the same drug in Canada?

Why is it that my friend's co-pay on the same said $80 drug is exactly $30?

Why on earth does anyone expect me NOT to buy it from Canada?

Last edited:

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Gehanna,

These questions always sit with me. Why do some people endure so much more hardship than others? Why are there some who just seem to breeze through life when there are others who must fight their way through? Why must children have to suffer? Why do we go to wakes and never know what to say and when we do speak, we say something that makes us feel even more useless and inadequate? Why do we meet people and say, "I'll call you sometime" but know as the words spill out of our mouths, we never will? Why do we sometimes hurt the people we love? Why is it that we meet someone for the first time and automatically like him or her and other times, meet someone who we immediately dislike?

That's probably enough!! I could go on and on Gehanna! These are the kinds of questions I always discussed with my father (who is deceased now) - but we always enjoyed having these types of conversations.

Debbie :)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Gehanna said:
What do you want to know about sleep, dreams...

If you dream about something, does that mean it will happen? (please say yes, even though I know the answer is no ...)

Oh, and why have my dreams been going in chronological order, picking up where the last one ended the night before?

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
The questions are rolling in now. This is a good thing!

Thanks to All,
Gehanna

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
If you dream about something, does that mean it will happen? (please say yes, even though I know the answer is no ...)

Oh, and why have my dreams been going in chronological order, picking up where the last one ended the night before?

That's a neat trick. How'd you do that :)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
BlueTexas said:
That's a neat trick. How'd you do that :)
Beats me, but I'm loving it! I never have to miss out on any parts of a delicious dream. They've been chronological for the past month or so...weird.

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not Gehanna, but I feel inclined to answer your questions.

Why do some people endure so much more hardship than others? Why are there some who just seem to breeze through life when there are others who must fight their way through?

Life is a crapshoot.

Why must children have to suffer?

Life is unfair.

Why do we go to wakes and never know what to say and when we do speak, we say something that makes us feel even more useless and inadequate? Why do we meet people and say, "I'll call you sometime" but know as the words spill out of our mouths, we never will? Why do we sometimes hurt the people we love?

Because we aren't being authentic.

Why is it that we meet someone for the first time and automatically like him or her and other times, meet someone who we immediately dislike?

Because we have instincts.

I always discussed with my father (who is deceased now) - but we always enjoyed having these types of conversations.

You are blessed.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
In response to Saritams8,

There are several reasons why I have either responded vaguely or not at all and they are:

• Some of the questions asked have presented ideas for content that I had not previously considered which means I will use the questions as a focal point for my writing.
  • A few of the questions I will need to refer back to later as I continue to write.
  • There are some questions I do not know the answer to.
  • Several questions are the kind I respond to through consultation services.
Sincerely,
Gehanna

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why does the price of stamps keep going up even though the mail delivery service is getting worse and worse?

For example: I received a check in the mail 3 weeks after it was mailed. It was coming from a city about a half hour away from me! It should have arrived the next day or the day after it was mailed!

Why do health insurance rates keep going up even though you get less services, less coverage for your money?

Why do they make you pay the entire amount of money for your Cobra insurance after you've been laid off from your job when your unemployment benefits are only about 80% or so of your usual paycheck?

(You're getting less money in your check but they expect you to pay the entire amount for health insurance instead of sharing the cost with your employer which you don't have anymore.)

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gehanna said:
In response to Saritams8,

• There are some questions I do not know the answer to.
Sincerely,
Gehanna

Gehanna,

Thanks for the opportunity to address some of these life-pondering questions. Thing is, a lot of these questions (as some I have posed), no one can answer. I knew that already. Just posted them in answer to your thread. Take care.

Debbie :)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pondering the Imponderable

Here's a question to take you in another direction entirely:

How did the name Richard get nicknamed to Dick?:crazy:

Language does change over time; new words get added, others get deleted.....but Richard to Dick? They only have two letters in common for heaven's sake! Thomas doesn't end up being Theodore on the basis of 'Th'!
Go figure!

Or how 'bout verbs becoming nouns? Have you heard this one?
You aren't just suffering from being 'overwhelmed' but
you can also suffer from 'Overwhelm' - just like it has it's own syndrome.

Just another dustspeck gathered on the braincells of life....happy writing!:hi:

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I have a weird question and then a few things I'd like to say.

First the weird question:

1. Does anyone who has posted in this thread so far have Weiner dogs ([size=-1]Dachshunds)?[/size]
[size=-1] Now comes the second and hopefully less weird part:

To whom it may concern,

I think that certain questions require action instead of answers.

Bad things happen to people who don't deserve them and bad things happen to people we feel do deserve them. Evil does not discriminate but neither does Goodness unless one or the other is delivered by man (meaning man or woman, child or adult).

Here are a few thoughts that help me keep things in perspective and help me maintain my motivation for life. First the pessimystic (spelled like that on purpose) outlook:
[/size]
  1. [size=-1]Evil is a reality that has the ability to act independently meaning it does not require delivery through a person to have an effect on a person. [/size]
  2. [size=-1]Evil is a force that behaves like an opportunist. It is a type of power, albeit a consuming power, that makes itself readily available to anyone who decides to use and be used by it. Evil offers itself under the false pretense that it will benefit or appease the person it is tempting.[/size]
[size=-1]The above sounds awful doesn't it? Well now for the Optimystic (again, spelled like that on purpose) outlook:[/size]
  1. [size=-1]Goodness is also a reality, a powerful force that has the ability to act independently. What's even better is that unlike evil, goodness does not act as an opportunist. Instead, goodness presents itself as an opportunity for us. This means that [/size][size=-1]goodness [/size][size=-1]does not use us with malicious intent, as does evil, should we decide to use and be used by it.

[/size]
  2. [size=-1]Humanity has been granted the power to rise above evil. We may not be able to rid the world of evil but there are things we can do to help prevent some of it. [/size]
  3. [size=-1]Humanity has the power to repair and in some cases even restore what evil has destroyed. Basically, [/size][size=-1]this means we have the ability to kick evil's a$$ when humanity works together. [/size][size=-1]This power becomes evident in the face of tragedy and it is an awesome power to behold but my question is, why wait for tragedy to occur before we exercise this power?[/size]
[size=-1]* a note for [/size][size=-1]Saritams8. [/size][size=-1]I liked the way you spelled a$$ in case you couldn't tell. lol

Some Final thoughts:
[/size]
  1. [size=-1]Striving for perfection is pointless self serving action however, striving to do our best while acknowledging our mistakes is selfless perfection in action. [/size]
  2. [size=-1]The best healers are those who bear scars of experience.[/size]
  3. [size=-1]I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. I'm just reminding you of your potential.[/size]
[size=-1] Sincerely,
Gehanna
[/size]

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1) Will you come live at my house? I like the way you think.
and
2) Sorry. No Weiner dogs; I'm a cat person.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and ....

Gehanna said:
  • Several questions are the kind I respond to through consultation services.
Sincerely,
Gehanna

ah, does that mean professional help?

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Unique.

I was going to share a story with you about my former cat named Shelby. I find that I am unable to share it just yet because I am still grieving over her loss.

Perhaps soon I will be able to share the story. Not only does it involve Shelby but it also involves a tomcat that I refer to as Tailless Bob.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Edit to add - yes, it means professional help.