• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

blunt reader wanted (YA, 6000 words so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarek

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for anyone who would be willing to take a look at my YA story (in progress, 6000 words so far), and tell me what I have done wrong so far. English is my second language, but I try my best to purge my writings from all mistakes and use every spell check I can find. If there is anyone willing to take a look at it and to give me a few suggestions I would be very grateful.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
I suggest finishing before seeking betas.

Tarek

Registered
Reaction score
I am still trying to learn (actually learning how to write, is pretty muich the reason I am here). Asking for advices allong the way seems a better way to do that, instead of waiting until one is all done.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
The biggest obstacle for a new writer is finishing the work. Revising and editing generally come in later. That said, if you still want someone to, I will take a look. Send me a PM if you're interested, and I'll respond with my email address.

I tell you in advance, I will not do line by line. I'm more of a general impressions kind of guy. I'm also not a particularly picky reader, but I'm very impatient when it comes to plot holes. If you send me it, I will do my best to read through the whole thing, and if I don't I'll tell you why.

If you want, you can also post what you've got on the young adult board (make sure to break it up into manageable pieces of 1-2 thousand words).

Status
Not open for further replies.