My goal?

deborahlea

queen of wandering
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deborah-bryan.com
I have a couple of writing goals, but I'll stick to the one with clearly measurable components:

Having my first book submission ready by my 30th birthday (end o' October)

deborahlea

queen of wandering
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deborah-bryan.com
Might I suggest setting up a goal for the month of August (over in the August Goals thread) which will help you meet this one?

Certainly! I'll check out the thread and think a bit this evening on a mini-goal I could spell out for this month.

The wheels are already turning...

Thanks!

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
As I suggest in my goal-setting blog over at MySpace: If you have three months (including August) to reach the final goal, break the major goal up into three chunks, then break that up into four more (for goals per week).

deborahlea

queen of wandering
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deborah-bryan.com
As I suggest in my goal-setting blog over at MySpace: If you have three months (including August) to reach the final goal, break the major goal up into three chunks, then break that up into four more (for goals per week).

I'll give it a look. My biggest concern about setting some of the goals is that, to some extent, I'm building timelines around other people's input. How do you take that into account? (In a sentence or two... :)

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pacificpurple.blogspot.com
Good luck with your goal. I agree breaking it down can be of great help. If you want to send it out by Oct what can you do this month to prepare it? And next month? Etc.
You've got lots of support here, either way you decide to go about it. Astonwest puts up the monthly goals thread every month. (thanks again for taking that over for me astonwest) :)