monk final season?

creamofmushroom

>_<
Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all.

This to any monk fans out there. Just a quick question about this season. Is this going to be the last monk season where (hopefully) he will find out who killed trudy and get back on the police force?

I've been trying to find this out but no one really has any clue abt it.

Thank you in advance.

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Well I can't say I don't want to see him finally get Trudy's killer, but I'll miss that show when it does end. It's fantastic. I've yet to see anything Tony Shaloub has done that I didn't like.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I think that they could start a new story arc after they find out what happened to Trudy. No reason they couldn't but it rarely seems to happen. Doing a couple different arcs (season long or season and a half or whatever) could also help keep shows fresh. IMNHO.

I'm still expecting the very last episode of monk to be where they investigate and solve the mystery of Trudy. But I haven't really watched in a year, either.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Just a quick question about this season. Is this going to be the last monk season where (hopefully) he will find out who killed trudy and get back on the police force?
I don't think finding her killer is really all that important. It just seems to be a plot device to explain why he's the way he is. If you think hard enough about it, doesn't the fact that he CAN'T find her killer after all these years feel rather contrived since he's been able to solve nearly every other crime he's ever investigated?

But to answer if this is the last season: I don't know.

Last edited:

creamofmushroom

>_<
Registered
Reaction score
hmmm. my suspicion is that dale the whale knows who is behind that killing

ALG71

Defanged Hellraiser
Registered
Reaction score
In a place, at a time, where I sometimes ask mysel
I don't think finding her killer is really all that important. It just seems to be a plot device to explain why he's the way he is. If you think hard enough about it, doesn't the fact that he CAN'T find her killer after all these years feel rather contrived since he's been able to solve nearly every other crime he's ever investigated?

But to answer if this is the last season: I don't know.

Actually, he was the way he is now even before he met Trudy. In one of the first seasons he shows (I think it was Sharona) a family picture in which Adrian, Ambrose and their parents are standing side by side with about two feet between them. In the house where they grew up, in the first Ambrose episode, they had numbered cups when they were kids and Ambrose had accidently broken one when they were young. In the flashback seen when Adrian was in middle school, just replayed this morning I think on USA and probably this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon, Adrian was a clean freak even then. When Trudy first takes him home to her parents when they were in college, Adrian needed to have his food seperated and Trudy cut his food.

His condition just became more pronounced after she was killed. He's also found the person who made the bomb that killed her. (Very sad scene IMHO, too.)

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the show, too. I've had trouble finding new episodes this summer, though. They keep changing when they air it. I've only caught one new episode from this last season.

'The defective detective', I love it.

creamofmushroom

>_<
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the show, too. I've had trouble finding new episodes this summer, though. They keep changing when they air it. I've only caught one new episode from this last season.

'The defective detective', I love it.

you can watch the episodes from this season at usanetwork.com

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll do that if I can't catch reruns.

They aren't playing anything on the networks these days except dancing and talent (or no-talent) shows, so USA is bound to run a better line up with reruns.

Sorry, I wouldn't watch Baywatch with Hasselhof, why would I ever watch him without hot babes in skimpy swim suits?