PDA

View Full Version : I'm at my climax! Whoo-hoo!

SirWill01
08-04-2008, 04:17 PM
And now, just reading the title, sends my mind to a naughty place. *shakes head*

Anyhow, just reached the highest point in the story for my WIP, right near the end. There's just some wrapping up and setting up for the sequel. Feels pretty damn good, as I've never quite gotten this far on any works I've done before.

Then there's just the dreaded part.

The rewrite.

Wish me luck, folks!

Maryn
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
SirWill, our minds traveled to the same place based on your subject line.

Don't forget that your first draft needs weeks, if not months, to ripen in a dark place, undisturbed by handling, peeking, and such. Literally don't look at it, not one page. Permit yourself to jot down notes for improvements or changes, but let that manuscript be for at least six weeks, or maybe twice that, enough that you'll see it with new eyes when you finally return to it.

You can either spend the manuscript's resting time on a new work, or in Ray's House of Love, where the hot tub isn't the only thing that steams.

Maryn, guilty of frittering away writing time

StoryG27
08-04-2008, 05:23 PM
:Clap:

Congrats!

And ALL our minds went to a naughty place because of the thread title, it's okay, it's fun there.

Mr Flibble
08-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I brought tissues but I see they aren't needed.

Gratz! And what Maryn said.

tehuti88
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Good luck, and congratulations! Especially since it's your first! Once you know you can do it, it can only get better. :D

Matera the Mad
08-05-2008, 03:54 AM
heeheeheeheehee goody :D

Fenika
08-05-2008, 04:49 AM
I expect to see you in Goals and Accomplishments soon. Enjoy wrapping it up. Don't forget to ask your novel if it enjoyed itself too!