PDA

View Full Version : Tooth decay...

SpookyWriter
08-04-2008, 01:56 AM
As I was saying to the mate, without any top front teeth, sitting next to me "I brush regularly and never really had any problems with my teeth until recently. Why is that?"

But I already regretted my verbal thought. For the fellow beside me at the Port of Cleavage pub breathed into my ear "It's them women, mate. They's are always filling our sauce pan with sugar. If you get me drift."

I suppose the green cheese, from last months free dinner, stuck between his last good lower teeth made a difference in my suspicions. Were women the cause of male tooth decay? Could this be just another brier myth that men like to pass among themselves for amusement?

Of course it is, I'd known a lass of two and naught a one has ever caused me a tooth decay. No, they were sweet as tarts, but not too savory that I'd lost a molar.

So I'm off for a bar of chocolate and a brush to clean my teeth if I should remember tomorrow.

Brushed off the fellow next to me with a handful of sugar. He'd a like to think twice before coming around me again.

Do you feel a tooth ache coming?

Mr Flibble
08-04-2008, 01:59 AM
I don't bother with the sugar. If the Old Man's been bad, I wait till he's asleep and knock 'em out with a chisel.

Subtle? Moi? Never!

Upbeat
08-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Tea Tree toothpaste is the best invention since beer. I refused to let a dentist puill a bunch of teeth 10 years ago, suspecting he exaggerated problems to me and others as well....seemed he was committed to making mounds of money before guaranteed dental insurance legislation in our State expired at the end of the month!
I used Tea Tree toothpaste then and still do.
Teeth still in excellent condition!

truelyana
08-04-2008, 02:26 AM
How interesting, you have been picking up on the vibes. I too, have been having a toothache, but more so my wisdom tooth deciding to peek through because of recent changes. I do too brush my teeth regurlarly, and they are fine, but I don't put that down to good toothpaste. :D

SpookyWriter
08-04-2008, 02:34 AM
How interesting, you have been picking up on the vibes. I too, have been having a toothache, but more so my wisdom tooth deciding to peek through because of recent changes. I do too brush my teeth regurlarly, and they are fine, but I don't put that down to good toothpaste. :DI had a toothache way back in January. Went to the dentist and she wanted to extract it that day. Lucky for me or not, I had a pressing engagement and begged off until later. Well it's six months and the tooth is fine. I brush after every meal, eat good foods, and don't indulge in a lot of sweets. So I can keep my steak eating tooth for a few more years. :snoopy:

Joe270
08-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Good oral hygine requires daily use of an alcohol-based mouthwash.

Like scotch or bourbon.

Shadow_Ferret
08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
There are many times I'll read a spooky post and go :Shrug::Wha::crazy::Huh:.

This is one of those posts.

CACTUSWENDY
08-04-2008, 08:46 PM
So...Spoooo. Another day of being at bored huh?

lol....I must say, at least you have an active thought process.

SpookyWriter
08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
So...Spoooo. Another day of being at bored huh?

lol....I must say, at least you have an active thought process.And a good set of teeth. :D

Shadow_Ferret
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
And a good set of teeth. :D

Wait. I thought you said...

As I was saying to the mate, without any top front teeth,

meaning YOU didn't have any front teeth.

SpookyWriter
08-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Wait. I thought you said...

meaning YOU didn't have any front teeth.No so. The guy beside me had no top set of teeth. Read it again.

As I was saying to the mate without any top front teeth sitting next to me "I brush regularly and never really had any problems with my teeth until recently. Why is that?"

Tink
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Spooky are you really having a problem or are you messing with our heads again?

SpookyWriter
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Spooky are you really having a problem or are you messing with our heads again?Hey, I was at the Port of Cleavage pub when I wrote this. What can I say?

Tink
08-04-2008, 10:34 PM
You are a mess... :D

Shadow_Ferret
08-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Nice comma recovery.

SpookyWriter
08-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Nice comma recovery.It's all about editing.

Tink
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Comma?

MattW
08-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I gots pain in my teef.

Not from recent neglect, but a combination of bouts of uninsuredness as a young adult and bad genetics. If I brushed 11 times a day and used a mile of floss I'd still have problems.

JLCwrites
08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
If you don't lose anymore teeth.. then how are you going to get the tooth fairy to visit you?

CACTUSWENDY
08-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I bet Spooo doesn't believe in the tooth fairy.....

lmao.....

SpookyWriter
08-05-2008, 12:12 AM
I bet Spooo doesn't believe in the tooth fairy.....

lmao.....My nightmare.

http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/04/0620tooth20fairy1.jpg

C.bronco
08-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Flossing is key.

Shadow_Ferret
08-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Comma?
Comma comma comma comma comma chameleon...

soleary
08-05-2008, 01:05 AM
You come and go, you come and gooooooo ...

I love Culture Club!

SpookyWriter
08-05-2008, 01:06 AM
You come and go, you come and gooooooo ...

I love Culture Club!Bingo! I forgot who sang the song. I still get a kick out of that song.

sassandgroove
08-05-2008, 01:12 AM
There was a Saturday night live skit where they were at a british pub for a toothpaste commercial - it was full sugar toothpaste and they had black and missing teeth. Ewww.

SpookyWriter
08-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by maestrowork http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2543161#post2543161)
Ask not how you're going to be rich and famous. Ask "What have I written lately?"
He paraprhased that line from JFK. "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what can you do for your country."

sassandgroove
08-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Spooky you are derailing your own thread. I know what he is paraphrasing silly.

TO be on topic, how about

Ask not what your tooth decay can't do for you, ask how to prevent it.

Or something. It's 5 and I'm outa here. :D