Musicals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Registered
Reaction score
In my usual start something but don't finish it manner, I have started to write a musical. Insane, I know. Stupid. I am nearly certain nothing will come of it, but so far it has been fun. the Three Bears. Well, as it's turning out, much more than the Three Bears, a lot of fairy tale and other stuff thrown in. If it goes as I intend, it will be a riotous affair. I do write songs, so it's fun to work such into the drama

Now, the reason I asked: I haven't found a niche here for writers of musicals. Is it even a writing subject? Obviously my name is not Sondheim or I wouldn't be asking.

"Give me a laundry list, and I'll set it to music." Gioacchino Antonio Rossini

Kryianna

Registered
Reaction score
Are you writing the music and lyrics, or the book? I'd think you'd want Music and Songwriting for the one, and Script Writing for the other. I don't think there's any place here for it all combined; it is quite a niche.

Speaking of Sondheim, he did write "Into the Woods", which combines several fairy tales. If you're not familiar with it, I'd check it out, just be to sure that you're not too close to it on any plot points.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
If you're writing the book, then it would be covered by playwriting, I think. If you're writing music & lyrics, try the music forums. If you're doing all three, then maybe split it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.