Cookie Recipes

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
I would like to start this thread off with peanut butter and jelly cookies, per L M Ashton's request. :D

blcookie92.jpg

The original recipe came from this website.

Peanut Butter and Jelly cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (*or margarine), at room temperature (*You can also reduce the butter or margarine by half. The peanut butter is pretty oily.)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 Tablespoons milk (*or 7 Teaspoons of water)
  • 1/2 cup (about) fruit jelly, jam, or preserves
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with silpat baking liners or parchment paper. *You can also use a smooth, greaseless cookie sheet.

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt until evenly mixed. Add peanut butter and butter. Using a mixer, blend on medium speed until crumbly, about 3 minutes. Add honey and milk. Mix until thoroughly combined. Mixture will be very thick. *You may also mix this by hand with a hard plastic or wooden spoon.

Roll dough into balls about 1-inch in diameter. Using your thumb or finger, press an indentation into the center of each ball, and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Fill each cookie with jelly, jam, or preserves. (A recycled plastic honey bear squirt bottle works well for this purpose.)

Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Let baked cookies cool 10 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Store peanut butter and jelly cookies in an airtight container.

* indicates substitution within recipe

When you make these, don't be afraid to mix the dough with your hands towards the end; it won't stick to your hands. The dough is very thick, and it will be almost impossible to mix it with a spoon after everything is combined thoroughly.
Since you have to press the dough to make a hole for jelly, I would recommend that you use your thumb. It will make a longer hole, and the jelly will be more likely to pool on top than to run off the sides. Don't push too hard though. The cookie dough will crumble apart, and then you'll have to reshape the ball.

Have fun with this recipe! I hope you enjoy these tasty cookies... :)

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
There is another peanut butter cookie recipe that I love!!! However I got the recipe from Paula Deen (not in person.. I Wish!). I switched a few things around... I used a butter substitute, and didn't do the candy or nuts. Instead I just emptied a bag of chocolate chips into the cookie dough. You can find the recipe here.

These are the richest, yummiest cookies ever. I can assure you.. one cookie is a meal in itself. So good. :)

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Pistachio and white chocolate cookies anyone? (My own invention)

Preparation is as usual when baking cookies, but just replace a couple of ingredients here and there, and VOILA! :D

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
This is a recipe I tweaked from epicurious. The original uses raisins, dates and walnuts and no orange zest, but I can never leave a recipe alone. These are fabulous btw - soft and orangey.

OATMEAL COOKIES WITH RAISINS AND CRANBERRIES

2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup of margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
grated rind of one orange
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups raisins
2 cups dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheet(s). Blend first 4 ingredients in medium bowl.

Using electric mixer, beat margarine, and both sugars in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in honey, eggs, and vanilla and orange rind. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, raisins and cranberries. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing mounds 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly.

Bake cookies until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on sheets. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Have you ever tried cake mix cookies? Easy. Quick. Delicious.

CAKE MIX COOKIES
Yields 4 dozen

2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
18 1/4 ounces pkg cake mix, any flavor
1 cup (any combination) raisins, nuts, chocolate chips or coconut

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Drop batter by scant tablespoonfuls about 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets lined with parchment. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to racks and cool completely.

Suggestions: Add flaked coconut and chopped pecans to German Chocolate mix; raisins and quick-cooking oatmeal to spice cake mix; chopped nuts to fudge cake, raspberry to chocolate, chocolate chips to cherry chip cake... let your imagination run wild. These are delicious no matter what combination you come up with.