PDA

View Full Version : What the heck??

Zoot
08-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Ok...no stupid questions, right?? An agent asked me for a title page. What exactly does that consist of????

Marian Perera
08-03-2008, 02:20 AM
It's a page with your title on it.

Mine has the word count in the upper right-hand corner and my address and contact info in the upper left. Halfway down the page is my book title in CAPS, and two lines below that, "by <name>".

Giant Baby
08-03-2008, 02:52 AM
All contact information!

Mine looks like this:

enter
enter
enter
enter
enter

TITLE
a Novel by
My name

enter

genre
word count

enter
enter
enter
enter
enter

My name
My address
My phone number
Every other phone number I want them to try
My email address

Adjust the number of times you enter down to make it look nice, but as long as the information about you and your book is present, you're good.

ORION
08-03-2008, 08:51 PM
okay zoot - when I was querying I asked my friend who had a 2 book deal with penguin how to set up a manuscript and that's how I set up my partials and fulls. My agent and editor told me it made my stuff look like I knew what I was doing lol!
the title page I used a plain font (like trebuchet or arial) my manuscript was in TNR
Middle of page at 40 size font is the title.
directly underneath is the authors name NO BY just the name at 14 size font

Bottom left hand corner is your name address and contact information (after you get agented then that will be your agent's name and contact information.
The bottom right I put the month and year (this helps me when my manuscript comes back with marks from my agent or editor - I can see the version easily- this is more important in the revision process.

For the rest of the manuscript I did a header with the page number on the right and my title in Caps with a slash and then my last name.