Last edited:

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Yes. There was one post one time back that I regret posting with all my being. Even if it was removed later, it was read by someone and he took it wrong. No amount of explaining ever cleared it up and I paid very very highly for it -- still am paying -- and will for the rest of my life. :(

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I said something a few years ago that sounded so, so dumb. (Now don't you all go trying to look it up. :D ) I regretted it then, and still do. I do have a brain. Really!
Other than that, I try to pick and choose what to reveal, what not to, and when. I try to pause a moment before I hit the submit button.

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
1) There's something to be said for the anonymity of the net
2) There's something to be said for venting in print (just ask Tyler Perry)

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I tend to write long TMI posts on certain topics - fortunately, I learned to sit back and read, and the re-read before I hit reply. That way, there are fewer witnesses to my blonde moments and my "let's all share more than we need to," moments. :D

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty shy here, and I'd rather read about your 'secrets' than revealing mine. lol. Though, I have gotten more open about personal things with me and Mr. Susie. Thanks, guys.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've deleted several posts or just backed off before hitting "post quick reply" many, many times.

Like stormie, I try to pick and choose what I talk about. I suppose if you were to go through every single one of my posts, you'd know quite a bit more about me than I'd like, but I'd rather not go back and delete everything. *shrug*

Oh well. It could be worse. :D I'm mostly a pretty boring person, and the stuff I've chosen to talk about I did in hopes it would inform or help someone else.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I don't mean just you! I meant me, too. But for a good reason, to help others.

:Hug2: It's good to find help around here, too, isn't it? :)

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
I'm not worried about the TMI I occasionally post on AW. That's not the problem; I do that all the time.

Instead, what keeps me up at night are insulting/demeaning posts I didn't intend to come off that way. I seem to lack whatever inborn ability other humans have that allows them to see the effects of what they write ahead of time.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Having had my own personal stalker-freak who thinks I'm evil incarnate and trashes me at her blog has made me a bit reserved on the public portions of teh intardwebz.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I'm the opposite here I find. In my day to day life I'm pretty much an open book, but the internet is a much more dangerous place. Sure you guys all rock, but this is an open forum that anyone can stumble on. The fact that people know I live in Toronto kind of weirds me out.

That coupled with the fact that I write books for kids means I am much more careful with my word choices. I don't swear here really at all, compared with my everyday life, nor do I go into deep details about my love life. I only share thoughts etc that I would be willing to see in print in a newspaper somewhere. I think there have been one or two instances where I have regretted a post in that respect and so either edited it or removed it.

People can find you, if you google my book title then you can find my posts here, if you put two and two together someone, if they really wanted to (though why they would I have no idea) could read all of "Toothpaste"'s posts. Some people here are totally anonymous (well as anonymous as IP addresses will allow you) so that gives them a little more freedom, I have far too many identifying features on this site.

For that reason, I am extra careful. For that reason too I think people are often surprised what I am like in person vs on the net when I meet them face to face. Not to say I'm not being me here! That's one of the lovely things about this site, people seem to accept you for who you are. But a much more careful me.

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very careful. I don't think I've ever let it slip out that I'm currently in prison, serving a triple life sentence for a series of postal-related crimes.

Well, I for one am shocked at that news. *clutches pearls*

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
I use my real name because I'm so scared of anybody figuring out what sort of person I am.

Wait, what? :Huh: