I am so sorry I didn't see the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaedo

a non sequitur
Registered
Reaction score
I am so ashamed and I want to correct that. I have only now noticed that some good people here have posted a lot on my threads long after I have stopped checking the replies. And since a quite considerable amount of time has lapsed (about a week), I don’t know what to do. I want to thank them all, and probably post more on the subject but that would make my insignificant thread to jump up again into the recent new threads, and I am not sure if this would also be kind of rude to have an old thing like that popping up there again. People could be tired of seeing it already.

So I am torn in between. What is a good thing to do in these circumstances?

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Respond to those threads. There is no sin in resurrecting threads if you're resurrecting to add new information, commentary, and the like. Bumping for no reason than to bump, on the other hand, is pretty tasteless. :)

What you can do in the future is subscribe to threads - either any that you've responded to via your User CP or for individual threads via the Thread Tools drop down button at the top of every thread. :)

Welcome to AW. :) And we were all new at some point in time. If this is your worst mistake, then you have no problems here. :)

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
A week is nothing, reply by all means.

Or send copious amounts of rep points as thanks!

-Derek

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Rep points are good for thanks, belated and otherwise. (Click on the little scale on the bottom left of the person's post.)

Deleted member 42

A week is nothing, and Rep comments never get stale.

Phaedo

a non sequitur
Registered
Reaction score
A-ha! "subscribe to threads", "rep. points"! Got it! Fascinating.

Thank you so much. I will go then and thank them all. Those comments are invaluable, as these are.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's okay Phaedo. Since the question is answered, I'm just gonna lock this thread and let it sink. Feel free to resurrect your threads or rep those who replied.

Happy repping.

Status
Not open for further replies.