Movie buff help!!

meldy

Instant humanJust add coffee
Registered
Reaction score
I have a scene stuck in my head and its driving me mental!!

I cant remember exactly who the actor is but is some action hero-y guy...Bruce Willis??(Last Boyscout?) Or maybe its Mel Gibson and it's part of the Lethal Weapon series??

Anyway, I remember a drunk man walking around with a huge wrench in a circle cutting the heads of parking meters. He would walk around the pole and cut the head off....then move on to the next one. It is night time and his 'partner' in the movie comes to find him (or someone does I dont really remember) I am fairly certain the person doing this is supposed to be a cop or something similar.
I think it's right in the beginning of the movie.

And its driving me crazy...what movie is this??

ETA: Google turns up Cool Hand Luke which I dont even think I have ever seen...so has it happened in any other movie?

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
As far as I know it's only Cool Hand Luke (or else what you saw is a spoof) but the scene does take place in the very beginning like you thought.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was going to be my guess too, Cool Hand Luke.

For a while after that movie came out, it created a new catchphrase (which was often slightly different from the movie): "What we have here, is failure to communicate."

Last edited:

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to say Operation Dumbo Drop, but 3 seconds on google got me this:

Wikipedia said:
Luke is sent to the prison camp for cutting the heads off parking meters one drunken night.

Sounds like your movie.