Ninjas!

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
The time of the ninjas was due to return.

These poor guys have been out of work since The Octagon!

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
McTeigue did a great job with V For Vendetta.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah yeah ninjas really cool blah blah stealthily blah blah in your sleep blah blah tortoise

THEY'RE MAKING A MOVIE OF ALTERED CARBON. Did you all miss that little tidbit in the interview? It'll probably suck and it'll probably take years but zomg that was an awesome book, AWESOME, and if the movie is only halfway as good it'll still rock.

Yay, ninja movie. Cool.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Altered Carbon is a fantastic sci fi novel by Richard K Morgan, won the Phillip K Dick Award in 2003 for best novel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon

It's gritty, noir, bladerunnirish only totally different. lol The world building is amazing and there is no info-dumping. none. You get what you get and some things just arent explained and it's brilliant. And apparently the movie is coming out in 2009. And it's a trilogy so if the movie doesn't suck maybe they'll do the other two as well.

So yay, ninjas. That's cool. (being facetious. Ninjas really are cool and I'd probably go see that movie)

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
It's gritty, noir, bladerunnirish only totally different. lol The world building is amazing and there is no info-dumping. none. You get what you get and some things just arent explained and it's brilliant. And apparently the movie is coming out in 2009. And it's a trilogy so if the movie doesn't suck maybe they'll do the other two as well.

I, um, totally knew that. I was just testing you.

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
Haha...I have a buddy who had never seen that ultimate power site and one day I made a comment about it and he tripped out and demanded to know what it was. It seems he had been frequenting sites that make reference to real ultimate power in obscure ways and he was feverish when I did as well.

The best part of that site is the letters from guys who threaten and insult him for being disrespectful to ninjas. I actually like ninjas but still funny is funny, fellas.

There was also a 'CNN' story about a ninja in court going crazy or some such and it had a page you linked to that was a very good copy of a real CNN page. Of course the real ultimate power guy was behind it. I don't remember it exactly it was a few years ago.

Again...ninjas!

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
I love penguin ninjas… INVISIBLE penguin ninjas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score