PDA

View Full Version : What fun things are you going to do this weekend?

Susie
08-02-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm curious and just want to know. :) I don't have anything planned, unfortunately. Bummer. :)

auntybug
08-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Drive 3 1/2 hrs...pick up kid from summer camp. Drive another 1 1/2...get fit shaced in Duluth w/ friends eating the worlds greatest pizza. Ahh... good times :D

Williebee
08-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Critique group meeting. Ooooo Coffee and Fudge!

BenPanced
08-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Editing a manuscript...probably rewriting a short...drinking coffee...drinking coffee...:e2coffee:...starting a query...drinking coffee...not having anything planned is the best kind of weekend...you're ready in case something actually does happen.

KTC
08-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Editing a manuscript...probably rewriting a short...drinking coffee...drinking coffee...:e2coffee:...starting a query...drinking coffee...not having anything planned is the best kind of weekend...you're ready in case something actually does happen.

Don't listen to him. He's going on a staycation.

III
08-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Six Flags tonight most likely; rides and fireworks. Probably swimming tomorrow. Church Sunday. And Daddy's idea of fun - extended naps with nobody fighting and waking me up.

auntybug
08-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Six Flags tonight most likely; rides and fireworks. Probably swimming tomorrow. Church Sunday. And Daddy's idea of fun - extended naps with nobody fighting and waking me up.

I thought Sunday was your nookie day III?

ChaosTitan
08-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Packing. Flea market. Packing. Writing. Packing. Drinking iced coffee while packing. Watching a few movies.

Jayswords
08-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I will be reading the dictionary and noting down the meaning of about 160 words that I like but haven't yet mastered!

sassandgroove
08-02-2008, 12:37 AM
SATURDAY :e2zzz:sleep late, get oil change, get hair cut, buy dog food, hang out ,

DEF LEPPARD CONCERT!!!!! :snoopy: :hooray:

SUNDAY :e2zzz:Sleep late, laundry, clean house, read Harry Potter, do fun thing with husband:e2brows:

NOt necessarily in that order (except DEF LEPPARD.)

DId I mention DEF LEPPARD?

I'm going to see Def Leppard.

Oh Benpanced remineded me.
drinking coffee...drinking coffee......But not at Def Leppard. It will be hot, Dasani please.

rhymegirl
08-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Saturday: I'm going to see Batman, Batman, Bat--man.

Sunday: I'm going to a baby shower. My sister is going to be a grandmother for the first time and I'll be a great-aunt.

jennifer75
08-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm curious and just want to know. :) I don't have anything planned, unfortunately. Bummer. :)

Sure you do, you'll be rolling around in all that sweet gooey yummy chocolate. :) As only you know how, of course.

Me? I'll be drinkin beeeeeeeeeeyuh after glorious beeeeeeeeeeeyuh. And a little more beeyuh. :) Cause that's how I doooozit.

ChaosTitan
08-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Saturday: I'm going to see Batman, Batman, Bat--man.

Ooooooh... I've seen it twice, and I'm still jealous. :D

KTC
08-02-2008, 12:44 AM
anniversary dinner tonight and Batman tomorrow. And driving range with my son tomorrow too. LONG WEEKEND! I don't know what I'm doing on Monday yet...probably yard work.

Tink
08-02-2008, 12:49 AM
#1- I will start off by drinking some beer...
Second- I will drink more beer to get a really good glow...
#3- I will drink even more beer to get really smashed.....
C- I will drink more and more and more until I pass out from overindulgence in too much beer.
Fourthly- I will wake up with a pounding headache and drink some beer to get over letter 'C' and then, finally...
D- I will be right back at #1 again. ;)

rhymegirl
08-02-2008, 12:52 AM
...do fun thing with husband:e2brows:

I'm hoping to do that, too.

Adam Israel
08-02-2008, 12:53 AM
#1) We're going to tour the new county prison.
#2) Writing. Deadlines be approaching and I'm falling behind on my yearly schedule. Yarr.

JLCwrites
08-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Knocking down walls to make our master bathroom larger on Saturday.

Mel
08-02-2008, 01:07 AM
My son and his wife went away for the weekend, so we get to watch their 4 dogs. We have one dog and three cats, so it will be quite in...ter...est...ing.

Also, waiting for phone calls as my niece was in a car accident today.

III
08-02-2008, 01:20 AM
I thought Sunday was your nookie day III?

Every day is nookie day. But here's my morning routine:

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Tink
08-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Also, waiting for phone calls as my niece was in a car accident today.
I hope your niece is ok...

III
08-02-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm hoping to do that, too.

Don't let Sass catch you!

Serenity
08-02-2008, 01:29 AM
I did my fun thing today, actually. I went white water rafting for the first time. Drank half the Potomac in the process. :e2drown: :D

Other than that, see Chaos Titan's post down thread. Pretty much my weekend, 'cept for the flea market thing, I'll probably sleep in. :e2zzz:

DL Hegel
08-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Working all day Saturday and cutting a tree down Sunday and maybe staining the deck:(

soleary
08-02-2008, 01:32 AM
10 mile run -- whoopee! In hundred degree heat -- yee haw! Training for another damned marathon :)

jennifer75
08-02-2008, 01:39 AM
#1- I will start off by drinking some beer...
Second- I will drink more beer to get a really good glow...
#3- I will drink even more beer to get really smashed.....
C- I will drink more and more and more until I pass out from overindulgence in too much beer.
Fourthly- I will wake up with a pounding headache and drink some beer to get over letter 'C' and then, finally...
D- I will be right back at #1 again. ;)

I love your way of drinking. I mean thinking. I mean beer. I love beer.

jennifer75
08-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Knocking down walls to make our master bathroom larger

Something every woman should be able to do, at least once. I'm jealous just hearing about your big bathroom.

Deccydiva
08-02-2008, 01:40 AM
No fun in my life these days :cry: I'm doing a dog show tomorrow which is supposed to be fun but people will either ignore me or be nasty so I expect to be home early. :Shrug: It's a bank holiday weekend here so I have the desert of Sunday and Monday staring at the walls hoping to be able to write something worthwhile. I expect it will be raining.

soleary
08-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Don't listen to him. He's going on a staycation.

Let's all go on Staycation with Ben! Send him a note and invite him to your next staycation! HE LOVES STAYCATIONS!!!!

rhymegirl
08-02-2008, 02:01 AM
No fun in my life these days :cry: I'm doing a dog show tomorrow which is supposed to be fun but people will either ignore me or be nasty so I expect to be home early. :Shrug: It's a bank holiday weekend here so I have the desert of Sunday and Monday staring at the walls hoping to be able to write something worthwhile. I expect it will be raining.

It sounds like you need a hug.
:Hug2:

Maybe two hugs:

Siddow
08-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Research! Lots of study! Whee!!!

maestrowork
08-02-2008, 02:04 AM
After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

cray, what have you done with III's body?

maestrowork
08-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Probably the pool, gym, the Mummy 3, and lots of naps.

rhymegirl
08-02-2008, 02:32 AM
Don't let Sass catch you!

I'm very discreet.

Mr Flibble
08-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Not sure yet, but there's a sofa and rug that have yet to be broken in. ;)

Silver King
08-02-2008, 04:56 AM
Fishing. What else?

Between trips, log on to AW, answer PMs, read threads and give as many members a hard time as possible. Then cook, clean and try to earn a little money so I can keep fishing.

Oh, did you mean just this weekend? I was describing every day.

Pagey's_Girl
08-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Well, my car is certainly going to enjoy her oil change. And it gives me the perfect opportunity to sneak over to Bed Bath & Beyond to get my mom's birthday present. I think I may end up taking the easy way out and getting her a gift card, because I'm not sure what she'll want. (Well, I know she wants some 6" pie plates, but those appear to have gone the way of the dodo.) Apart from that and grocery shopping, I plan on relaxing and maybe making some jewelry out of my haul from the bead show three weeks ago.

rhymegirl
08-02-2008, 06:06 AM
Fishing. What else?

Peche est agreable?

Silver King
08-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Peche est agreable?
Oui, mon cheri. Absolument.

Et vous?

tiny
08-02-2008, 06:23 AM
The beach, and celebrating a major win against the red tape flooding my life from the VA. :D

rhymegirl
08-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Oui, mon cheri. Absolument.

Et vous?

Um....how do you say "I do not fish"?

Siddow
08-02-2008, 06:34 AM
Je ne parle pas peche.

Sounds good, non? :D

Danger Jane
08-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Umm...work...alumni dinner thing to welcome me to my college...

Bond with my friends some more before college tears us apart forever?

Matera the Mad
08-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Practice percussive improvisation with authentic antique Chinese instruments, if I can connect with a guy who never checks his e-mail.

Otherwise, it's nekkid writing time.

Silver King
08-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Um....how do you say "I do not fish"?
Je t'aime, mon amour.

nerds
08-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Querying. Marveling at all the creative variations of "Not for me at this time." Tweaking query. Querying. Listening to crickets chirping. Overhauling query. Checking bottom of barrel for any unqueried agents left lying around in there. During all this it shall be raining.

rhymegirl
08-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Je t'aime, mon amour.

Ah ha. I know what that means. And it's not "I do not fish."

tjwriter
08-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Right now I'm having the best time because my little one is snuggled next to me on the couch watching cartoons and it's so sweet.

Later we have a swim part to go to.

DragonHeart
08-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Working tonight. :(

Tomorrow, probably going to either see Batman again or Mummy 3, whichever we (myself and friend) feel like. Or we could go do something completely different, who knows.

Other than that, nothing planned.

~DragonHeart~

rhymegirl
08-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Je ne parle pas peche.

Sounds good, non? :D

Yes, I think you've got it!

Silver King, Je ne parle pas peche.

Hathor
08-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Either getting my old refrigerator fixed AGAIN or finding out that is expensive enough that I can convince my husband that we finally need a new one ...

In the meantime, eating what is in the fridge :Shrug:

We saw Voyage to the Center of the Earth last night because my husband can't be kept from 3-D carnivorous plants and dinosaurs.

I'm going to go see the Nationals tonight -- I'll see if they can manage to string two wins together.

I finally finished this major heap of research so I can get back to actually writing again :hooray:

Seaclusion
08-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Going to a concert in the park. Some retro 60's 70's thing I think. Just a good excuse to go out and have a beer.

Richard

jennifer75
08-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Ooh I get to stay in all day today and tidy up and rest and surf and AW and not do anything outside, not have to drive anywhere, and all in my jammies. That, folks, is the best.

Ol' 61
08-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I am going to a wedding this afternoon. My hubby is a photographer, so he is shooting. This means I will be calling down our rambunctious little boys. I am trying to dcide if I should correct my 11-year-old when he says "Ewww!" at the kiss. I'm thinking it will be good comedy. It will be nice to see some friends of ours from out of town. We willinvite them to Sunday brunch tomorrow. (Crepes and nutella, come on over!)

I am on vacation--that is, staycation--this week. I am hoping to get some writing done. I may have to vacate the premises (read: Barnes & Noble) to do so, but I am determined. Sleeping in is definitely in order, though!
Cecilia

Susie
08-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Mr. Susie and I will be invited for the Sunday brunch, right Ol' 61. We luvs Crepes and nutella. :)

jennifer75
08-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Ooh I get to stay in all day today and tidy up and rest and surf and AW and not do anything outside, not have to drive anywhere, and all in my jammies. That, folks, is the best.

Took a 2 hour nap.....washing clothes now. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

JLCwrites
08-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Our plans changed.... (Sniffle) Guess who got sick?

truelyana
08-03-2008, 02:36 AM
At this moment I am sitting up late on AW. I feel that I am in due in bed soon, as my eyes and head are letting me know, that the screen is not the answer to my well deserved rest.

Kitty Pryde
08-03-2008, 02:37 AM
hosting a dinner party tonight! and going to a pool party tomorrow! After shopping for a new swim suit, that is.

Deccydiva
08-03-2008, 11:59 AM
It sounds like you need a hug.

Maybe two hugs:

Thanks, appreciated. :cry: Dog show was even worse than anticipated and I'm still bawling my eyes out.

Yeshanu
08-03-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm going to go camping in Algonquin Park! Gone tomorrow, see y'all next weekend!