PDA

View Full Version : Queen Victoria's Bloomers Sell For $9,000!

joyce
08-01-2008, 05:42 AM
http://news.aol.com/article/queen-victorias-bloomers-sell-for-9000/109432

The article states she was around 5' tall with a 50" waist and a 66" bust. There's not a pair of underpants in the world I'd pay that much money for.:D

Susie
08-01-2008, 08:13 AM
lol, joyce, but ya could could it up and make a tablecloth. :D

Komnena
08-02-2008, 07:37 AM
I guess the buyer knows Victoria's secrets now.

mscelina
08-02-2008, 07:41 AM
I went to a vintage clothing auction recently (Victorian and Edwardian) and I saw a full wedding trousseau sell for 15 grand. Absolutely gorgeous.

Now then--with the provenance that Victoria's bloomers would have, the value would explode beyond the normal price range for similiar articles of vintage clothing. If the underwear was intact and in excellent condition, 9 grand is an outstanding price to pay.

Yes, even for panties.

Question: If this was a pair of bloomers, how in the world can they say her bust is 66"?
Don't they mean hips?

Williebee
08-02-2008, 07:48 AM
I don't know. There's just something "wrong" about this.

I mean, she was a Queen.

I don't want to see somebody buying and selling Lincoln's long johns either.

Not that it's going to keep me from poking fun at it, of course. That's the kind of jerk I am.

hmm, wonder what Freddie Mercury's silk undies would go for?

Somebody ought to give Prince Charles an ear full for letting this happen.

akiwiguy
08-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Question: If this was a pair of bloomers, how in the world can they say her bust is 66"?
Don't they mean hips?

You know, I was wondering about the bust/bloomers connection too.

I can only surmise that in the last decade of ones life, which is when these are dated, a 66" bust would by then be accommodated in ones bloomers.

joyce
08-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Also up for auction was Queen Victoria's chemise, with a 66-inch bust, sold for $8,000. Her nightgown sold for $11,000.

I guess they measured her chemise too. This gal didn't need any breast implants! I love that they say her underpants were crotchless but perhaps they all were back then. I can't imagine having to remove all that clothing they wore back then just to take a pee. :D

donroc
08-02-2008, 06:37 PM
"The Queen of spain has no legs" but it seems Vicki had 'em.