How I spent the afternoon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelancholyMan

Wear Thick Armor
Registered
Reaction score
Figuring out that...

...for display of the satellite in the ECI or ECEF frame. There was a good bit of confusion as to how the initial rotation angles applied to the input of the 6DoF Animation block. I knew that if the initial angles were NED and that if they were all zero, then the orientation of the satellite, when positioned at the equator, should be x-pointing up, y-pointing east, and -z pointing outward. All attempts at using the NED system however, failed. The trick was when I realized that what the initial angles referred to was the body with respect to NED. Not NED with respect to ECI or ECEF. So what I needed was the ECI to Body xfrm matrix, then to extract the Euler angles from that, then reverse their input order into the 6DoF animation to account for the input parameters of that block.

Anybody got a gun I can borrow for a minute?

-MM

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you wrote but sorry that you had a bummer of a day.:Sun:

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
I feel your pain, but on a completely intelligible subject. I spent am spending all afternoon reworking the same 11 employment contracts as my boss dithered dithers back and forth over salary offers. All of it on a matter of less than two hundred bucks for each contract. He stands in my office and does retard math out loud and debates what numbers to go with and I type in my interpretation of what he's said and print the contracts. Then he shuffles away for half an hour and comes back. Wash, rinse, repeat. If I had a gun, you could have it after you pried it from my cold dead hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.