I hope this makes you smile

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Since there are so many people here that I wish I could send this to and I don't have all of your emails...this is the best way to pass this wonderful gift from my sister in-law along to everyone here. I truly do wish all of you enough :). (The following passage was written by Bob Perks)

ENOUGHRecently,I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at theairport. They had announced the departure. Standing near the securitygate, they hugged, and the mother said, 'I love you, and I wish you ; enough.'

Thedaughter replied, 'Mom, our life together has been more than enough.Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom.'

Theykissed, and the daughter left. The mother walked over to the windowwhere I was seated. Standing there, I could see she wanted and neededto cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy, but she welcomed me inby asking, 'Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would beforever?'

Yes, I have,' I replied. 'Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?'

'I am old, and she lives so far away.
I have challenges ahead, and the reality is - her next trip back will be for my funeral,' she said.

'When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough.' May I ask what that means?'

Shebegan to smile. 'That's a wish that has been handed down from othergenerations. My parents used to say it to everyone.' She paused amoment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, and shesmiled even more. 'When we said, 'I wish you enough,' we wanted theother person to have a life filled with just enough good things tosustain them.'

Then, turning toward me, she shared the following as she reci
ted it from memory.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

Then, she began to cry, and walked away.

Theysay, it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciatethem, a day to love them, but an entire life to forget them.

* Only if you wish,
send this to the people you will never forget, and remember to send it backto the person! who sent it t o you. If you don't send it to anyone, it may mean that you are in such a hurry that you have forgotten your friends.

TAKE TIME TO LIVE.....

To all my friends and loved ones,

I WISH YOUENOUGH........

Last edited by a moderator:

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Kit, I am smiling but through my tears...thanks for sharing! I have to go now...

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Haven't the foggiest where she got it from. Probably a forward from her sister, but she didn't offer any explanation in her email, so...
Sorry Silver.
I was hoping she had, since it's usually best to give attribution to the writer when we share these types of messages.

Do you think maybe she can find out who wrote the piece? If so, you can cite the person's name in this thread.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was hoping she had, since it's usually best to give attribution to the writer when we share these types of messages.

Do you think maybe she can find out who wrote the piece? If so, you can cite the person's name in this thread.
"I wish you enough!"©
By Bob Perks

Adam Israel

Formerly known as StoneTable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adamisrael.com

Looks like there are thousands of hits for it on Google. The original source appears to be Bob Perks.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
"I wish you enough!"©
By Bob Perks

Looks like there are thousands of hits for it on Google. The original source appears to be Bob Perks.
Well, now we know. That's great! :)

As writers, we all understand the importance of attribution, or at least we should. This discussion is another helpful reminder to cite sources and/or author names when sharing these types of messages.