PDA

View Full Version : Tick Warning!

KTC
07-30-2008, 08:40 PM
This is a very serious tick scam warning...

I hate it when people give out bogus warnings, and I have even done it
myself a couple times unintentionally...but this one is real, and it's important. So please tell everyone you know.

If someone comes to your front door saying they are checking for ticks due to the warm weather and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!! THIS IS A SCAM!! They only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid.

Tink
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Great, now you tell us...but the good news is--I didn't have any ticks! :D

StoryG27
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey, I am a licensed tick checker, and generalizations like this give us a bad name. Now, who was next?

DeleyanLee
07-30-2008, 08:43 PM
And here I was hoping that there was a new run of The Tick cartoons coming out.

Well, damn.

smoothseas
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
"Tick-Tock, Hickory Dock..."

benbradley
07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Did they take pictures? Have any of them shown up on the Internet?

StoryG27
07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I haven't posted them yet.

I mean, er um. Who we talking about?

Tink
07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
I haven't posted them yet.

I mean, er um. Who we talking about?Me either...but I wonder who is Benb. talking to? KTC or one of us or both of us or all three of us? :D

Shadow_Ferret
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
If someone comes to your front door saying they are checking for ticks due to the warm weather and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up,

That's how I always answer the door.

superman skivvies
07-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Shouldn't be a problem for me though, considering I am a nudist and everything. I sit now in my leather office chair, and how nice does it feel against my cool tushy.

Shadow_Ferret
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Just pray it hasn't been sitting in the hot sun all day before you sit down.

Tink
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Or before he has to get up quickly and his hide sticks to the leather...ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!

superman skivvies
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Just pray it hasn't been sitting in the hot sun all day before you sit down.

Or before he has to get up quickly and his hide sticks to the leather...ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!
You two sound like you have experience. I was just kidding, but if nudity is your thing, whatever floats your boat I guess.

SpookyWriter
07-30-2008, 11:00 PM
You two sound like you have experience. I was just kidding, but if nudity is your thing, whatever floats your boat I guess.You have to take a shower somtime. So I'm told.

Tink
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
I wear shorts and I have sit on alot of leather in warm temps. and well, you know the rest of the story...ouch!!!!!!! Getting into a car in 100 degree temps. or sitting on a black vinyl seat on the riding lawn mower in the scorching sun...Ouch and double ouch!!!

Siddow
07-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey, Kev, where'd you get the cool Sean-Connery-picking-his-nose avatar?

superman skivvies
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I wear shorts and I have sit on alot of leather in warm temps. and well, you know the rest of the story...ouch!!!!!!! Getting into a car in 100 degree temps. or sitting on a black vinyl seat on the riding lawn mower in the scorching sun...Ouch and double ouch!!!
Good cover up!

SpookyWriter
07-31-2008, 12:24 AM
I wear shorts and I have sit on alot of leather in warm temps. and well, you know the rest of the story...ouch!!!!!!! Getting into a car in 100 degree temps. or sitting on a black vinyl seat on the riding lawn mower in the scorching sun...Ouch and double ouch!!!Sniff sniff..

Seaclusion
07-31-2008, 12:30 AM
Sniff sniff..

You looking for something.

Richard

KTC
07-31-2008, 12:33 AM
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Did they take pictures? Have any of them shown up on the Internet?

A little too anxious, aren't we?

clockwork
07-31-2008, 12:36 AM
This is a very serious tick scam warning...

I hate it when people give out bogus warnings, and I have even done it
myself a couple times unintentionally...but this one is real, and it's important. So please tell everyone you know.

If someone comes to your front door saying they are checking for ticks due to the warm weather and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!! THIS IS A SCAM!! They only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid.

I never asked you to dance. You just couldn't help yourself!

KTC
07-31-2008, 12:39 AM
I never asked you to dance. You just couldn't help yourself!

Okay, okay. I just get all jumpy when I'm free...gotta dance.

JLCwrites
07-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Cause you're free.... free ballin.

(Sorry Tom Petty)

clockwork
07-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Okay, okay. I just get all jumpy when I'm free...gotta dance.

Sort of like a nervous tick?

I can fix that for you if you give me your credit card details.

KTC
07-31-2008, 12:44 AM

I can fix that for you if you give me your credit card details.

I just PMed them to you. Don't forget the 3 digit security number...you'll need that...

KTC
07-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Cause you're free.... free ballin.

(Sorry Tom Petty)

I sure hope he doesn't google himself today...he'd moan to beat the band at that one.

Hello Tom.

SpookyWriter
07-31-2008, 12:50 AM

The Nervous Tick

His eyes bulged, terrified, from the pressure I placed on his spine. He gulped, I know he did -- although I couldn't be sure -- and then took a deep breath as I squeezed tightly. A droplet of blood trickled from the corner of his mouth.

He twitched again. I felt him.

The pain was obvious, as it was with the swelling on my neck, but I paid no attention. Night after night I felt it leaving in vein and retreat to its hiding spot behind my neck where I was unable to reach. My tortured arm did not allow me to reach much further than my right cheek, so I was not aware of the small tear of flesh in my neck until one morning when I prepared to shave.

I noticed for the first time the pimple, so I had thought at the moment, on my neck. I became alarmed. What was the cause of this affliction? I had not eaten poorly or indulged in exotic foods or drink, so why had this small mound of flesh begun to protrude from my neck. I am sure it was my diet, yet I remained faithful to the fruit of drink and meats that I've become so fond of while on holiday at the institution.

The morning shadow crept upon my room again, as each day since my return from the hospital, but this day I discovered the faintest hint of another sharing my bed. I had not felt the suckling before or during my slumber. I had taken the drink, quite frequently, and so my sleep was not disturbed by the sounds of a house that had shared a hundred years of pestilence. I threw back the covers and jumped from my bed, startled -- I felt the nervous tick of despair creep into my spine -- and stood facing the blood stained pillow.

Mr. Fix
07-31-2008, 12:50 AM
What's the prob?

I am constantly stopping people in the streets to have them check me for ticks!

:e2moon:(C'mon just look one more time!)

Stew21
07-31-2008, 01:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvHB4zpNX4 - this is how you check for ticks!

Tink
07-31-2008, 01:03 AM
Sniff sniff..It wasn't that kind of burn......

KTC
07-31-2008, 01:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvHB4zpNX4 - this is how you check for ticks!

JESUS! Warn a person before you leave a link with country music in it!!!! Just, Jesus!

Stew21
07-31-2008, 01:04 AM
:roll: I knew you'd hate that.

KTC
07-31-2008, 01:05 AM
:roll: I knew you'd hate that.

I threw up in my mouth.