the 'Batman' vs the 'Lawman'

• Total voters

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So - who do you think would win this battle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIR9dAZRR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4lZ2DP8phk

My pick is Judge Dredd!

Why?

Because Batman is a vigilante, outside the law, a criminal.

Judge Dredd is the law. And he will stop at nothing to apprehend those who would break the law.

The precedent has been set!

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Batman_Judge_Dredd_Judgement_on_Gotham_Alan_Grant_John_Wagner__5110840

http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/reviews/extra/2004/trades/batmandredd/batmandredd.shtml

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TDK Batman would mop the floor with Stallone's Dredd, no question.

However, while comic book Batman was awesome enough to take out the entire JLA completely by accident, Judge Dredd was awesome enough to punch through the face of a villain who could kill people just by looking at them.

"Gaze into the face of Fear!"
"Gaze into the fist of Dredd!"

Seriously, Dredd is no joke.

I call a duel between the comic book characters a draw. And the Batman / Judge Dredd crossover comic book would seem to agree...

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Because Batman is a vigilante, outside the law, a criminal.

Judge Dredd is the law. And he will stop at nothing to apprehend those who would break the law.
How does being the law make you better in a fight? If anything, it's going to make you worse, as you have restrictions.
Bats all the way for me. He's a freaking Ninja fercrissakes. Unless Dredd is part pirate, he has no chance.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But Dredd carries a gun, Batman does not. Despite the Batsuit, Dredd could just sit back like Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark and blow Batman away with no more effort than it takes to pull the trigger.

With that said, Batman has outwitted gunslingers many times before and I would really prefer to see Christian Bale's Batman kick Stallone's -- er, Dredd's arse.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Batman, no contest. Batman beat up Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. Superman is basically God, so he could obviously beat up Dredd. Therefore, by the law of transitive ass-whooping, Batman can beat up Dredd.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Batman, no contest. Batman beat up Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. Superman is basically God, so he could obviously beat up Dredd. Therefore, by the law of transitive ass-whooping, Batman can beat up Dredd.

The long standing theory is, given enough prep-time, Batman can beat anybody.

Still, I'm a fan of Dredd. More of a fan of Batman, but I still refuse to choose one above the other.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, but how about Superman vs. Dr. Manhattan? Superman is basically God, but there's some evidence that Dr. Manhattan is God, period.

Dr. Manhattan, I think. Near as we can tell, he has no weaknesses save for his apathy toward humanity, and has almost unlimited power.

Superman got beat up by Batman (with some assistance by a one-armed Green Arrow's kryptonite arrow). An old man in a mechanized suit. Okay, he was weakened by kryptonite and, you know, had nearly been killed moments before by a point blank nuclear blast (people tend to forget all of that when talking about Batman's victory), but still... Manhattan would obliterate him.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be leaning towards Manhattan as well. He could turn Superman's cojones into Kryptonite, and then what would he do?

On the other hand, Superman has a lot of practice fighting people almost as tough as he is, whereas Dr. Manhattan mostly is into particles. He's blown a lot of people up, but they were just regular guys and he never seemed that into it.

It'd be a nice match up, and they're both DC. You never know.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'd kind of like to see Spiderman vs. the Joker myself.

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I AM THE LAW!

Lock Thread

Are your reasons so weak that they cannot stand against open debate?

Bloom in tights

True, I should have said 'rubber tights'

The "law" would restrict Judge Dredd's actions, Batman is a Ninja.

If you use today's standard of the "law" then you might be right. But in Megacity One Judge Dredd is the law. His actions are only restricted by his own definition of 'what is legal.' So If Dredd determines that killing Batman is neccesary to "uphold the law" (which is Dredd) then Dredd would kill Batman. It's just out of respect that Dredd didn't kill Batman in the comic book. And as for Batman being a Ninja... Like Indiana Jones... Bang, Bang! You're dead. Batman won't kill you, Dredd has no problem with that.

"Christian Bale's Batman" vs. "Sylvester Stallone's Dredd"

In his prime, I'd take Sly! How many 'Rocky' movies does it take to convince anyone - you can't keep Sly down! (Not to forget 'Demolition Man.') So 1995 Sly/Dredd vs, Bale/Batman = Sly ("Youth and enthusiasm will always be overcome by wisdom and treachery.")

Batman vs Superman

Puleeze Superman is NOT god! Just one word - kyptonite! And as pointed out before Batman's victory is questionable.

So hands down Dredd is just more vicious than Batman. Batman is full of self doubt ("Should I be doing this?") Whereas Judge Dredd has no question about his duty. Apprehend ALL criminals! With absolute descretion. Batman's one saving grace is that he is NOT a citizen of Megacity One - Judge Dredd jurisdiction.

Last edited:

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Who is Dr. Manhattan?

I have to admit, I didn't know this one...

But upon further reading I'd have to add this about Dr. Manhattan...

I'd like to see Dr. Manhattan vs the Hulk!:box:

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Superman got beat up by Batman (with some assistance by a one-armed Green Arrow's kryptonite arrow). An old man in a mechanized suit. Okay, he was weakened by kryptonite and, you know, had nearly been killed moments before by a point blank nuclear blast (people tend to forget all of that when talking about Batman's victory), but still... Manhattan would obliterate him.

This is what I was going to say. Batman had Green Arrow's help, Superman wasn't at his best ... nor did Superman really want to fight Batman. He was afraid of his heart giving out.

Still, Batman might beat Superman on that last point alone ... whereas Batman might want to kick Superman's ass, I would think there's little that would make Superman really want to lay into Batman.

On the Dr. Manhattan note, Manhattan wins. I would think Batman would try something like what Ozymandius did to destroy him and look what good that did.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Dr. Horrible can sing them all under the table. And everyone knows that music soothes the savage beast. So if it soothes a savage beast it can surely beat some namby-pamby comic book characters. (I just wanted to use the word namby-pamby) Enough said.

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Huh? What?

Dr. Horrible can sing them all under the table. And everyone knows that music soothes the savage beast. So if it soothes a savage beast it can surely beat some namby-pamby comic book characters. (I just wanted to use the word namby-pamby) Enough said.

I think both of these guys can tune out any audio when they are wearng their helmets. :Ssh:

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think both of these guys can tune out any audio when they are wearng their helmets. :Ssh:

Or maybe they have ipods built into their helmets & listen to their own customized playlists while dishing out brutal beat-downs. I'm going to tag Batman as a Portishead fan...