Venezuela, Russia and military bases

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
The saddest thing is that I think Chavez really does think he is right. The man isn't stable.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
So Chavez, thinking he'll prevent any type of American aggression, invites the Russians to set up shop. Russia, seeing how many troops the US has stationed in the oil rich ME, thinks it might be a good idea to maybe consider it to keep one oil source open to them.

The failure in logic here is that Russia doesn't have the money to keep their army in a state of readiness at home, much less around the globe. And Chavez might sell oil to Russia, but if they manage to get boots on the ground, Chavez will never have a scrap of leverage against Russia. Not to mention that if you want to invite a military power ito be your roommate, you might want to check their references.

LimeyDawg

Scars are poems too
Registered
Reaction score
At the very least, such an ignorant act will guarantee that the "friends" of Chavez will be receiving aid from the CIA.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
So Chavez, thinking he'll prevent any type of American aggression, invites the Russians to set up shop. Russia, seeing how many troops the US has stationed in the oil rich ME, thinks it might be a good idea to maybe consider it to keep one oil source open to them.

The failure in logic here is that Russia doesn't have the money to keep their army in a state of readiness at home, much less around the globe. And Chavez might sell oil to Russia, but if they manage to get boots on the ground, Chavez will never have a scrap of leverage against Russia. Not to mention that if you want to invite a military power ito be your roommate, you might want to check their references.

Hmmm...Well the Russians can put up a good website anyway:

http://warfare.ru/?catid=239&linkid=2279

And excuse me while I rent a stunning Russian girl or two and check her references...as the aforementioned website suggests.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score

Very true. But I doubt Chaven thinks that far ahead. He knows he'll have to leave office before said problems arise. Besides, this is all more of the same "look at me" crap he and Ahmedinejad do on a daily basis. They are both so desperate to be "major players" in the world they can't stand it. Cries for attention are almost always overtly pathetic and in many ways sad. We've seen such displays in full force right here on this forum. They never end well for the ones seeking the attention.