• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing partner, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine13

Mom by day, writer by night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
Unfortunately, I live in an area where not many active writing groups exist.

I seem to do really well when I have another writer to motivate me, and in exchange I do the same (swapping chapters, critting, offering opinions, etc).

My work is in it's final stage for the most part, I'm still working on my last chapter and doing a bit of revising on my first. It's a fantasy (high fantasy/sword and sorcery kind - - magic, adventure, creatures, female MC) at 100K words (about 34 Chapters).

As for me being a critter/motivator, etc. I'm really good with the editing process, catching things, etc, and I can be anywhere from tender to you requiring fairly thick skin. I'm honest but polite. I've been critiquing for close to 3 years now.

I respond with quick turn around, putting writing as first priority unless something in real life like an emergency or vacation pop up. I'm looking for the same kind of seriousness, something where we can come to terms with a certain amount of chapter(s) every week.

If anyone is interested, PM me, I'd love to help motivate and as well, get motivated and hear your input. Thanks!

-CC

Last edited:

Sunshine13

Mom by day, writer by night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
Just an update, I have a writing partner now (and I meant someone to bounce ideas off of, beta reading each others work, etc. - - not collaborating on a story together, sorry) and feel it would be unfair to them and anyone else to have more than one, simply because my time and effort would be divided.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.