Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Just got a partial request from an agent who "only reads on an exclusive basis." Agent instructed me to send the partial if it currently is not with other agents.

But it is.

Advice needed! Very high profile agency here. Send it anyway explaining my current subs hoping the agent loves it so much they don't mind? :/

Ren

I'm not clever enough for this...
Registered
Reaction score
I think that if I were in your shoes I would send a letter to the agent explaining the situation first, and ask if you should send the ms anyway or wait until it comes back from the other agents.

I think sending it anyway would be a bad idea since the agent states explicitly that they only want exclusive readings.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere I've developed a sense that only fulls merit exclusives. Others will correct me if my sense is wrong.

Anyhow, if your signature is at all up-to-date, you have several fulls and partials still out there and no way of knowing exactly when you'll get them all back. Your choices:

Hold on to the partial to Very High Profile until you hear back from the other agents. Could be one of the others will take you, and there's no guarantee from VHP, who doesn't seem to have put a time limit on your next move.

Or risk pissing off VHP by doing exactly what she or he said not to do. The risk of pissing her or him off is all the greater because you have a number of agents looking at the MS, and the full MS at that (again, if sig's right.)

My move would be to wait.

Oh, and another thing occurred to me. I wouldn't write and SAY I've already subbed this to a bunch of agents -- will you wait until they've had their looks at it? Because VHP agent, being VHP, will probably not relish the idea of looking at an MS that lots of other agents have already turned down. How would you like for someone to preface asking you to the prom with, "Well, twenty girls have already said no, so I'm down to you"? ;)

Make 'em all feel like the first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.