Gaiman on Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChimeraCreative

Been there, Done that.
Registered
Reaction score
"Saving the biggest news of the convention until the last few hours, DC Comics' second DC Nation panel confirmed the rumors that Neil Gaiman is going to be taking on the Dark Knight following Batman RIP."

http://io9.com/5029700/dc-saves-its-best-for-last-on-sunday-morning

I'm not the Gaiman 'squee!' fan a lot of people are, but I'm sure his upcoming run on Batman will attract many new readers. And who knows, maybe I'll be anointed into 'squeehood'. ^_^

-An

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
Batman is my favorite comic currently...well, to be true Detective Comics, written usually by Dini, is probably my favorite...and Gaiman is capable of good stuff. I am cautiously optimistic about his replacing Morrison. I'm pretty sure he'll be great.

Lola Colleen

Registered
Reaction score
I am definitely a Gaiman "squee!" fan, but not very familiar with Batman. However I will give you hope in that everything Neil undertakes he is amazing at. So I'm sure he'll do it justice and then some. Also thanks for the news. I'll have to go run and ask my friend James how he feels about this (he's a batman freak and works at a comic book store).

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
Well, he certainly is responsible for getting me interested in comics. I used to think that it was a childish medium. How wrong I was.

This might make me pick up a batman comic. Good move on their part.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Well, he certainly is responsible for getting me interested in comics. I used to think that it was a childish medium. How wrong I was.
I've never thought it was a childish medium. There's always been good writing going on, at least since Marvel made the characters three-dimensional and believable.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I heard Neil Gaiman isn't "taking over" Batman, per se, but that he's just going to do a couple of issues. Like one Detective and one Batman. So... a little less exciting, perhaps.

Speaking of RIP - was anyone totally, totally confused by the Sept.08 Detective? It seemed totally unconnected to Aug.08 Batman. Do I have to wait for Sept.08 Batman to come out before it makes sense?

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score
As long as he doesn't re-introduce lines like this;

"Don't count your potatoes before they've hatched Joker!" (WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?)

Then I'm fine with Gaiman. Should be interesting to see.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I *squeed* for this one when he announced it on his blog. Was that just yesterday?

rubberbands

Registered
Reaction score
major squee-ness! i wonder who would be the artist for it then...
must make friends at the comic book store. or hope that barnes&noble cares. *screwed*

Status
Not open for further replies.