Websites / blogs / podcasts that inspire you as a writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainboy

Registered
Reaction score
This has probably been done before, but I just wanted to see if people have some cool links to share, e.g. websites / blogs that you visit regularly for inspiration / motivation / education. It doesn't have to be about writing -- as long as it helps you get those creative juices flowing or otherwise sparks your imagination. Agent blogs, artist websites, humor podcasts, writing sites, youtube channels, you name it.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
If resource sites count, I would have to say www.placesforwriters.com They update their markets and contests and publisher lists almost daily. I use it as my homepage so I get to see updates when they happen. I've received plenty of publication credits through keeping a close eye on their updates.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Sites

If resource sites count, I would have to say www.placesforwriters.com They update their markets and contests and publisher lists almost daily. I use it as my homepage so I get to see updates when they happen. I've received plenty of publication credits through keeping a close eye on their updates.

That's a really nice, very informative site. I wish one like it existed for the US market.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That's a really nice, very informative site. I wish one like it existed for the US market.

It is mainly Canadian...but keep looking around on it...they always have American markets too. Plus, most Canadian markets are open to international submissions.

AND THERE'S ALWAYS: DUOTROPE

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
One that I visit weekly, just for fun, is Post Secret. warning: sometimes has naked photos or inappropriate-for-children things on there.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I recently discovered the Anchored Authors blog. The subtitle says it all: Strategies and Survival Skills for Fiction Authors with Day Jobs.

I read it when I need a kick in the pants.

http://anchoredauthors.com/

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It's not just because I work there, but www.authorscoop.com makes me feel more writerly on a daily basis.

I've gotten more comfort and inspiration from the 'Quote of the Night' feature than I can say. I need it before bedtime now, like a blankie or nightlight. It's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.