PDA

View Full Version : Home Pregnancy Tests....

smoothseas
07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Those over-the-counter Home Pregnancy Test kits weren’t even available when I was still premenopausal. In a short story I’ve been working on, the test stick glows positive. What color would it be?

Is the ‘positive’ color an industry standard? Or does it vary from kit to kit?

TIA for any and all input.

Sandi LeFaucheur
07-26-2008, 03:17 PM
I haven't used one in over 20 years, but from what I see on TV, sometimes one line appears (blue) for negative, and two for positive (unless I have that backwards). I think one test has the words Yes or No appear. Have you tried Googling "pregnancy test"?

smoothseas
07-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Duh... and I really on google so heavily!

Thanks, Sandi

Mandy-Jane
07-26-2008, 05:16 PM
The way I remember it (only 4 years ago!) one pink line appeared for negative and two pink lines for positive.

Jersey Chick
07-26-2008, 05:19 PM
One brand had a plus sign (pregnant) and a negative sign (not pregnant). The one I took with my son was apparently put out by Pregnancy Tests for Dummies - It said Pregnant or Not Pregnant. :D

chevbrock
07-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I've done a couple quite recently. Most of them these days have two lines. The first is the "control" line, to show that you have done the test properly. The second line appears if you are pregnant.

I have had blue lines and pink/red lines.

You pee on the end of the stick and the liquid travels up through a piece of litmus paper and the lines appear in a little window as the liquid goes through them.

Disa
07-26-2008, 05:45 PM
They are all different. EPT- it's right EVERY time.

Ravenlocks
07-26-2008, 10:43 PM
You could look at a few in the drugstore and see if the packaging has directions for use and tells how they indicate results.

AnnieColleen
07-26-2008, 10:57 PM
www.peeonastick.com

More than you ever wanted to know!

jannawrites
07-30-2008, 12:18 AM
If you follow the above details, you'll be fine. I think you could even use your literary license to fudge on coloring and such, too.

:)