Animal query on Profnet

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just used Profnet for the first time. I queried about dog nutrition/homemade dog food. I also seached the database for experts dealing in my topic. The search returned zero experts, so I'm not holding out much hope I'll get any responses.

I got a confirm this morning (April 20) saying the query was sent. We'll see...

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hi Rose,

If you need to interview someone who can give some quotes and facts about dog nutrition, you can call up some of the dog food companies who manufacture foods that are similar to what you have in mind. Here are a couple of tips to help you connect with an expert:

You can usually find contact info on food packages and many companies have web sites that also offer contact info. Lots of times they even have a toll-free number.

When you make your initial call, you'll get either get a recording with a lot of options (if you don't hear the option you're hoping for, wait for an operator) or sometimes (!) a real, live person will answer. Introduce yourself, explain what you're looking for, and then ask if there is anyone you can speak with. Sometimes they have publicity departments that handle such requests and they are usually happy to help you set something up.

You can ask for them to refer you to other experts, if necessary. Try the Dog Writer's Association for people to contact, too.

Hope some of this helps.

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
Hey maybe try using our new research forum and asking your question there! Seems there's an expert on just about everything right here at home. Just a suggestion, and it sounds a whole lot easier.

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
p.s. Rose

I just saw your list of questions in the other thread. Be sure to have those handy when you make your calls. You should get some great info with those very well-worded questions!

Going to eat something now. I keep having to back up and fix mistakes. I type words backwards if I'm in a hurry!!

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
awatkins said:
If you need to interview someone who can give some quotes and facts about dog nutrition, you can call up some of the dog food companies who manufacture foods that are similar to what you have in mind. ...Try the Dog Writer's Association for people to contact, too.
Thanks, Anne!

I'm reluctant to call dog food companies, because I really want to focus on all-natural chow made right in your own kitchen. I see your point, though, and will definitely use this method for other queries (and possibly this one, too.)

Contacting DWA for contacts is a brilliant idea!

Wurdwise - good idea!

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
RoseReifsnyder said:
I'm reluctant to call dog food companies, because I really want to focus on all-natural chow made right in your own kitchen. I see your point, though, and will definitely use this method for other queries (and possibly this one, too.)

Yeah, I knew that was what you were going after. :D But they can give you some excellent quotes and info about basic dog nutrition. I've had great experiences with some of the very well known avian nutrititon experts who were happy to answer basic health/nutrition questions for me. Bet the dog experts will be the same. Good luck with it. :)