Project Wonderful - cheap online advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Clark

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stuartclark.net
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but I just came across this tonight and think it is brilliant.

http://www.projectwonderful.com

It's a way of bidding on advertising space on websites. You only get charged when your ad places and depending on where you bid, you can get online advertising that will cost you only cents per day, or sometimes even free.

I'm already using it

Definitely worth a look.

Stuart

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
Thanks for the information, it will be interesting to hear about your results. From what I have heard, Adwords by Google is not very effective for selling books (gets your book out there, but does not lead to sales).

Stuart Clark

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stuartclark.net
FlashGordon,

I can't say if using Projectwonderful has generated any sales, but since all ads are linked back via a click to my website, I've seen a huge increase in traffic to my site. I figure that in itself is a good thing. More people who've heard about me and know about my book.

Stuart

kaolin

poemranker alumnus
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erif.org
Same for GUD--I've been using PW for a while and have only gotten a handful of sales through them. But traffic is always nice.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone out there still using them? With success? What do you spend monthly?

kaolin

poemranker alumnus
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erif.org
I mostly use their publishing side versus advertising. With the moderately low # of hits we get, the money earned varies greatly. I think we're somewhere around a dime a day at the moment. It's gone upwards of $2/day, often somewhere around $0.20 - $0.30.

As far as how much traffic you can get from making bids--it really depends on the ad, and your strategy in bidding.

I don't seem to have good luck in making conversions. Advertising is not my strong suit. :/

CammyMayHunny

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, that is really an amazing concept. And execution. It's so shocking to run into internet ad schemes that aren't evil and this seems extremely conscientious.

Since I am doing a blog serial I will probably try them out as a publisher, then see about pushing my work as an advertiser. Hmm, if you had two books, would it make sense to advert one on the site for the other?

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. Maybe I'm missing something, but the publishers suggested, and which I researched, just don't strike me as places where viewers would go to buy my book. I'm sceptical and wonder if there isn't something we don't know about Project Wonderful.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't know about buying ads but I have had a good experience selling them through PW. I have had two payouts and replace Adsense in most of my spots because PW pays ten times as much. My ads tend to deliver a unique click for every 10c paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.