Potato Chips

What is your favorite potato chip flavor?

• BBQ!

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vinegar!

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Onion!

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other...

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Potato chips? I only eat fries.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean Sour Cream and Onion. Lays please. And a close 2nd are Pringles SC&O, then Salt and Vinegar, then..... :) But really I prefer fries with ranch dip.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Cucumber. Second favorite is tomato. I believe Lays makes them. As far as I know, they're only sold in China. Maybe Japan?

Sigh.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Standard plain potato chips here. Maybe Ruffles if I'm feeling adventurous.

Homemade are really the bestest though.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Kettle Chips... They are awesome! I especially like their 'beer and cheddar' flavor. YUM!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Salsa Verde Doritos. Oh, yummy!

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
JAYS REG. CHIPS,,,,,,,salty, brown, cracked, greasy as all hell, but my GOD are they yummy....But you must have heart paddles near by to revive you and some sort of cholestrol lowering drug nearby at all times when eating......

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Gah. I abhor BBQ. It was the first flavor and it was just so dreadful when it first came out I can't stomach it now even though I'm sure they've improved it.

For Plain chips, I love Mr. G's coated in a ton of lard.
Second best plain chips are the plain Kettle Chips, that several brands put out.

Then for flavors, I like Cheddar and Sour Cream.

I used to love Sour Cream and Onion, but I burned out on them.

I also like the cracked pepper and sea salt ones.

And strangely enough, I just discovered No Salt chips and they are surprisingly good considering.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
We rarely have chips, especially now that we know our kids are allergic to soy, but my husband loves Doritos (I know they aren't potato chips) and I like the Cheddar cheese and sour cream ones, though I like sun chips more than potato chips...

I am going to try making my own as soon as I get a batch of potatoes that aren't soft. This heat kills my potatoes too fast.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Here in Mexico, vendors make potato chips on the street and you can get them hot out of the kettle of lard, smothered in Valentina chile, lemon and salt. My chest hurts.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a favorite anymore although, sourcream and onion and sourcream and chedder ruffles were my favorites for awhile. I use to buy this Augratin something-or-another made by I don't remember who that I loved but they aren't sold anymore.
Now, if I eat them its usually plain lays or baked (almost all the flavors) lays that I eat.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I love Grippo's BBQ chips. Like Shadow Ferret, I can't really stand the taste of any BBQ chips, but these are very different than the other brands.

When I was about two, you could find me in the living room with tears rolling down my face from the spicy chips.

*Adds Grippo's to pregnancy craving list. Goes off in search of food.*

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Plain Lays are my favorite.

Any brand of salt and vinegar are a good treat but I always go back to plain. :)

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I don't eat chips very often, but when I do, it has to be with a dip, usually with a sour cream dip. My favorite chips are the rosemary and olive oil. I tried roast beef flavored chips one time(I think they are British) just for the adventure.

Pringles are not potato chips any more than Velveeta is cheese. The don't have much potato in them and are entirely processed food, while potato chips are simply thinly sliced potatoes fried in hot oil.

CBumpkin

I can do this...
Registered
Reaction score
I can eat any flavor except plain! Uggh-o! I love flavor and lots of it. None of these weak, namby-pamby sprinklings of flavor. Wait? Was that barbeque or ranch, I couldn't tell? I want it thick and zesty, please!

This is one reason I like certain flavors of Doritos so much. I only wish they would put more seasonings on their Taco flavor. That would be high heaven!

When I lived in Ireland, I fell in love with Curry flavored Pringles. You can't even find them in the US. They were never available here. The products US manufacturers make for Europe are much better than what they make for the US. GET A CLUE NESTLE AND PRINGLES!

Old Dutch seems to be the best for flavor intensity. Love their Dill Pickle, Kettle Crunch Barbeque and Parmesian Garlic, as well as their Salt and Vinegar flavor. That seems to be my flavor of the month so far ... Salt and Vinegar.