Two Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

1. The board is set up to see how many people are viewing a particular forum when you are looking at the list of forums. However, for forums with sub-forums like "Religious and Spiritual Writing" which has four, is it possible when you click on that forum to then see how many are viewing each sub-forum?

2. Something I have seen on other boards on the internet. On the main list of forums it lists everyone who is currently viewing the board. Is it possible to have such a list in each individual forum as to who is looking at that particular forum?

Just thought I would throw those two questions out there. :)

dlcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dlcharles.com
I think here is the proper place for my question. When I log in and view my own posts is that counted in the view total?

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, the Who's Online feature has been disabled. You can see everyone that is logged on at the bottom of the main page Here. But it wont tell you what everyone is looking at in particular. Some members didn't like that and found it a bit creepy, so Jenna disabled the feature.

I'm not sure about Q1....

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I think your own clicks ARE counted in the view total, in fact.

However, CC or someone equally tech-savvy should be along to answer more definitively.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Wait! Q1. Where it tells you how many views and how many replies, that's total, over the life of the thread, not just what's going on right now. Just so you know, it's not current, it a running total.

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
1. You can believe all the numbers you see on this board EXCEPT for Sarah's in her post total. She has Jenna's ear, and they have this conspiracy to add 20 posts to her Post total every day.

2. As to checking up on who is on line where...that would be no fun for lurkers like me...who like to pounce when no one is suspecting...

Actually who is on line where..is usually an admin function...so the admin knows what is popular and what is not..BUT if you ever get the keys or an invite to the Mod Squad room let me know so I can sneak in with you..there I bet they have all these nifty utilities to see who is doing what...(they banned me the first day I got to AW! took them all of 10 minutes! HAH!)

Teddy

Status
Not open for further replies.