Help a friend of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizban

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.chippewapublishing.com
Author Lawerence Watt-Evans, a friend of mine, is starting a self publishing experiment, like Stephen King's the Vine, though slightly different. LWe is the author of Dragon Weather, Dragon Society, etal, as well as the Ethshar books (The Misenchanted Sword, Night of Madness, etc). You can read about it here:
http://www.ethshar.com/thesprigganexperiment0.html

TJ-Wizard

I welcomed this experiment with big enthusiasm - I'm big Ethshar fan and I expect the forthcoming novels to be very interesting, because I personally find the series becaming more interesting from book to book (despite the fact, that my favourite one is #2). I really hope Lawrence will write at least several more books in this series. This experiment is the first step to achieve it and I believe the fan support will be strong enough.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Money

zizban said:
Author Lawerence Watt-Evans, a friend of mine, is starting a self publishing experiment, like Stephen King's the Vine, though slightly different. LWe is the author of Dragon Weather, Dragon Society, etal, as well as the Ethshar books (The Misenchanted Sword, Night of Madness, etc). You can read about it here:
http://www.ethshar.com/thesprigganexperiment0.html

Interesting idea, but I can't really see what's in it for the reader, or for him?

I don't like the word "if" when it comes to money. Either finish or don't begin, especially if you're playing with someone else's money.

zizban

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.chippewapublishing.com
For the reader, a chance to read the next book in the Ethshar series that Tor turned down because sales of the previous books were very small compared to his other work. Its a risk, sure, but its better than the book sitting in a box somewhere, never to be read.

TJ-Wizard

Jamesaritchie, I understand your doubts. However, real fans often go enthusiastic, as I do right now. I'm happy I won't wait for this book so long I expected, and I believe the other book in series will be more likely if this one will be success. The risk is minimal, the experiment survived it's first critical point - I mean it didn't fail on the start, so I'm not afraid of my money at all. And, from my personal point of view, this book and Ethshar series as the whole are worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.