Hello, dips toe carefully into pond

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After all, there might be sharks or alligators. I'm a new member. My good friend JeanneTGC said I should jump in. I'm a voracious reader, one of Jeanne's primary betas, and am noodling with an idea she says is narrative non-fiction. The two most recent westerns I've read are 'Appaloosa' and 'Resolution', both by Robert B Parker. Don't have a lot of westerns in my library, but have read hundreds in the past.

MaryMumsy

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
And cats, too. :e2cat:

Welcome to AW! Enjoy your stay!

:welcome:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Welcome! Glad to see you here!

-Derek

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Mary. Guess what? JeanneTGC is a good friend of mine as well and I do a little beta-ing for her now and again. Hope to see you around here often. I've got some stories over on western SYW, and so have a few other pretty good writers. You might just slip on over and take a look.
Appy

P.S. Thanks for the good words on my recent revision. JeanneTGC forwarded them to me. You gave me hope that I might just finish that revise and resubmit request.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
MUMSY!!!!

SO glad you're here!

Oh...dang...that means I have to behave...erm...only look at my posts here in Westerns, where I'm always the picture of decorum!

(nonononono...don't look at Humor! Or Office Party! Or Horror! Only look at my posts in Westerns!)

And, she's a better writer than she likes to give herself credit for, folks, so I'm hoping the encouragement from like-minded readers and writers will drag her kicking and bucking all the way to a finished novel. :D

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
Mary!!!!! Hey you crazy chick!! It's about time you got your happy a$$ here. I never thought Jeanne would wear you down. You cost me a dollar, missy!!! I'll take it out of you in reps.. never worry... j/k I know never to be against the great corrupter.. it's a sucker's bet.

I'm glad you made it on... Someone needs to hang around and try to keep that Jeanne character in line... :D

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, MM. Sounds like you already have a pretty good idea of the ropes. But - never, ever, hesitate to ask questions. Everyone who stops by western is pretty congenial and very willing to help out a newcomer. Puma

myscribe

Who's the ninja now?!?
Registered
Reaction score
Corner of my mind (in a nice padded room)
Welcome Mary! I'm glad to see a familiar face around these parts. Love that you’re toying with an idea for narrative nonfiction. You definitely don't give yourself enough credit. I know you can do it!

(And Jeanne will drag it out of you eventually, so you might as well start with the writing now) ;)

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Puma and Phyl. I'm actually in the 'organizing to do research' phase. Making lists of info I need, and the places I can potentially find it. Wish I had a spare few thousand to make a trip to W TX courthouses and historical societies. But just as sure as I spent the money, they would have NOTHING. So I will write letters, offer to pay for copies, and include SASEs so they can let me know if they have anything I want. It's actually all Jeanne's fault. She was late getting to the WWA book signing and I had too much time to go around gathering and purchasing. I even called to say 'help me, I'm buying', and she just laughed. And it was a MEAN laugh.

MM

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Festus - I know this is Mary's thread, but good to see you around - we've missed you! Puma