Where is your favorite writing spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Oh how I wish I was like some others who can write in a variety of places -- coffee shops, beach, etc. I can do some serious scribbling most anywhere, but the only place I can do serious, meanigful writing is at home, at my desk.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I can write anywhere. But if I had a big shade tree in my back yard, I think that's where I would spend most of my writing time while at home. But I get most of my writing done while I'm at work. So, I guess my spot is my desk.

But I prefer to be outside with nature.

Write4U2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
it-is-written4u.spaces.live.com
Do you mean the writing I do on the computer, or the writing I do in my head?

I can be anywhere and everywhere when I'm writing in my head. Mostly when I wake up in the morning and daydream while I'm still in bed.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I work best at my job desktop; second-best at my home desktop. Lately I've been retraining myself to write longhand, because Providence is full of great coffeeshops, and I don't have a laptop.

payitforward

Muppet Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nancyhigh.wordpress.com
I write in my head walking around the park, type it out on the laptop either 1) on my couch at home or 2) in a coffee shop with wireless. All depends if I need to be "in the cave" or out amongst the buzz of humanity.

darrtwish

Registered
Reaction score
Most of my writing happens, right here in my chair, at my desk, in my room. I'd like to get out places and write at coffee houses or book stores (the local Chapters is lovely) but due to the fact that we only have two desktops, I can't exactly take it with me. I will randomly scribble down an idea or write out a really short story pretty much anywhere I have pen and paper, though.

Quossum

Registered
Reaction score
In my room at home or at the faithful coffeeshop. There's a Panera down the street from the gym, and often after I work out I'll go there and camp, drinking coffee and writing for hours. There's something about being there--no chores or home obligations for distractions, the background buzz of conversation, people-watching for a few minutes now and then--that's very conducive to the writing process for me, whether longhand first drafts or editing on my laptop.

(I do buy coffee and pastry, and I leave if I see the place getting busy so that I won't steal a table with my squatting.)

--Q

Enraptured

Narrator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.zoecannon.com
I write at my computer desk. I find it a lot easier to work on my desktop than on my laptop, and I can't comfortably write at coffeeshops or similar - too many people, not enough familiar scenery.

tehuti88

Mackinac Island Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inkspot.com
I write in the old dining room, just because that's where the computer is and the only spot I can type! *shrug*

Otherwise...? I'd like to say that I'd love to write outside, but the mosquitoes are just...ugh. I guess it's a situation I never really think about unless there's a possibility of it actually happening, which won't be any time soon. :D

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Driving down the road with no one else in the car...no typing or actual pen to paper writing. It flows through my mind. I have pulled over many times when I feel I must put something down on paper so not to lose it later in transfer from memory to pen.

At home, I have two spots. One is at my desk, in my study, surrounded by my many books that I love; including several thesaurus, dictionaries, grammer guides and a series of 'Elements of Fiction Writing' guides. The other place is curled up on the love seat with a throw pillow on my lap that I use to rest my notebook(s) on while I write longhand.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I have a laptop. So my favorite place to write is wherever me and my laptop are together.

Mostly in the living room while watching TV with my family.

Sometimes in the rec room (after said family is asleep) while listening to music.

Sometimes in the yard swing.

Ren

I'm not clever enough for this...
Registered
Reaction score
Ever since a spiffy coffee shop opened within bike riding distance of me I've gone there to write every morning. I tend to brainstorm subconsciously while exercising so it works out well. By the time I get there I have plenty to write, and by the time I get home I've got the writing part of my brain in sleep mode so the rest of me can do mommy and wife things.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Coffee shops. I like foot traffic, and there's a certain vibe and buzz that I like when I write. I also like to write late at night (which I don't do much recently) when it's just all dark and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.