Diana Wynne Jones' Fans?

Myasandar

Registered
Reaction score
I love, love, love, love, love, love, love this author to pieces I could marry her books and be happy forever.

I've been a fan since I was 9 and since acquiring an Amazon account I was finally able to add to my collection. I have loads of her books, I'm just to scared to read them in case I run out and then end up in a depressed mood.

I love the Howl series - has anyone else read House of Many Ways that came out at the beginning of this month? I think it's one of my favourites. Maybe it's because I have a book-crush on Howl.

I might be 23, but I love her children's/YA books - they're just amazing and so full of weird imagination that only she could come up with and pull off. I don't know how she makes the silliest of things come across as perfectly normal.

Any other crazy fanatic fans of DWJ out there?

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
I'm only so-so with some of her books, Archer's Goon, for example did very little for me, but I absolutely adored Howl's Moving Castle. I can totally understand your book crush.

I didn't realise there was a series. I'm off now to check it out. Thanks for the lead. :D

Izunya

Registered
Reaction score
I love the Howl series - has anyone else read House of Many Ways that came out at the beginning of this month? I think it's one of my favourites. Maybe it's because I have a book-crush on Howl.

Darn it, do not do that to me. I went to the bookstore and nearly worked myself into a tizzy fit trying to find the book before it occurred to me you were probably in the UK.

Anyone heard about an American release date for this?

Izunya

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I've seen it in the stores here in the U.S. I think I saw it at B&N last week, but I couldn't afford it then. This week I was in Borders and decided what the heck, I needed the new Howl book much more than I needed groceries, but Borders didn't have a copy. I'm going to hit B&N this weekend.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
I'm only so-so with some of her books, Archer's Goon, for example did very little for me, but I absolutely adored Howl's Moving Castle. I can totally understand your book crush.

I didn't realise there was a series. I'm off now to check it out. Thanks for the lead. :D

I find some of her books extremely good and others...not quite so good.

I'll read them all eventually.

Nyna

Registered
Reaction score
I love Diana Wynne Jones! Will now be scouring bookstores for the new Howl book... I think that as a series, the Chrestomanci novels are my favorite, but I've read Howl's Moving Castle so many times I've pretty much memorized it.